the blame game

ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    DUDE...O'REILY is the biggest piece of shit in the world. I can't beleive he said that. Makes me glad I don't have cable.

• Wow. O'Reily's bit in the middle of that video is just astonishing. I remember freshman year taking a sociology class called "Social Problems in American Society." We learned about a whole lot of things that are just indisputible facts in the US about money and sentencing and insurance for renters and on and on and on and hearing things like this, it's not an opinion, it's just someone lying! I don't know what to think about that. I mean, I think it's horrible, but it's something else, a concious and rotten evil. Imagine if Bill O'Reily ws your dad and you took that class? Or if he was your son? WHat if he was from new Orleans? My gosh

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i've heard some mind blowing things in my life...but what i just watched O'Reilly say in that video is one of the most astonishing things i've heard in my life.......not even close to what Kanye said..but i'm sure we will never hear any public backlash...."oh..thats just Bill being Bill"...i'm not surprised that he has those opinoins im suprised he would say that on national tv with his head high as if he speaks the word of God

not to mention G.W asking..."what went wrong?"

i need a break from all this before my head explodes

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dogs,

someone needs to mash-up Reily saying, "living that GANGSTA lifestyle" and make it bump.

• Make that shit into a Baltimore Club hit

• Make that shit into a Baltimore Club hit

YES.

I have to say though--and don't get me wrong, I love me some left-wing propaganda--that aside from the unmediated footage, this clip wasn't really that well edited/crafted. Sort of like a jumble of vile vomit with a few haphazard cue-cards...I guess I was more hoping for a more focused-like-a-laser treatment of the "blame game" copout. With that said, dudes edited today's McClellan response on the fly, so I can't be too critical here.

• Oh my god! That's disgusting! He might as well have said that poor people deserve what they got. When I saw Ann Coulter I almost had to laugh at the mere fact she gets any airtime at all. What a set of jokers.

Here's my take based on what I know. The local government failed prepare for the disaster and the federal government failed to act fast enough or with enough effort after the disaster. It's a failure of government as a whole. Everyone of our leaders is to blame!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Oh my god! That's disgusting!

Are you pointing a finger or playing a blame game?

• Fox News = shameless propagandists for the ruling class, who decry the blame game, while simultaneously playing it[/b]...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Fox News = shameless propagandists for the ruling class, who decry the blame game, while simultaneously playing it[/b]...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

can someone type out what o'reilly said? for some reason the sound on that video is messed up for me.

• can someone type out what o'reilly said? for some reason the sound on that video is messed up for me.

Can't help you. My brain exploded after he said "gangsta"...

• can someone type out what o'reilly said?

"Every American kid should be required to watch videotape of the poor in New Orleans and see how they suffered because they couldn't get out of town. And then every teacher should tell the students 'If you refuse to learn, if you refuse to work hard, if you become addicted, if you live that gangsta life, you will be poor and powerless just like many of those in the water.' That's the truth."

"Every American kid should be required to watch videotape of the poor in New Orleans and see how they suffered because they couldn't get out of town. And then every teacher should tell the students 'If you refuse to learn, if you refuse to work hard, if you become addicted, if you live that gangsta life, you will be poor and powerless just like many of those in the water.' That's the truth."

My brain exploded again...thanks...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Every American kid should be required to watch videotape of Bill O'reilly and see how he suffers because he's a frustrated, lonely and unhappy individual. And then every teacher should tell the students, "If you refuse to learn to share with your friends, if you refuse to work out problems with your peers, if you adopt a permanent sense of entitlement, if you live a shallow life, you will be impotent and powerless, just like Bill O'Reilly." That's the Truth.

What does learning, working, addiction or a gangster life have to do with leaving a town? Leave a town? How? Where were the buses to LEAVE the town. NOWHERE! Some people are born into poverty, some are in poverty because of a lack of education, some don't care to become rich, and some people actually have pride in their town, want to go down with the ship sotospeak and some people simply and mistakenly tried to ride it out.

I wonder if Bill really believes everything he says? What a fucking joke.

• Every American kid should be required to watch videotape of Bill O'reilly and see how he suffers because he's a frustrated, lonely and unhappy individual. And then every teacher should tell the students, "If you refuse to learn to share with your friends, if you refuse to work out problems with your peers, if you adopt a permanent sense of entitlement, if you live a shallow life, you will be impotent and powerless, just like Bill O'Reilly." That's the Truth.

and oh yeah, Bill O'Reilly can eat a fat lumpy chumpy..

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Plaese tell me that that O'Reilly clip didn't actually go on there. That is incredible.

tell that fool i got his pointing finger right here! guess which one it is.