For Real... I'm a true American

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I was being sarcastic, wrote that before you replied.

I don't expect replies on this thread. I don't think people are ready. I just would like for people to start thinking a little more.

These are trying times, and what does it take to be a patriot?

you are right, but you know what? I like my comfy lifestyle. I like getting pizza delivered when I am drunk. I like buyin my kid shit he dont need. I like flipping the channels. I like wasting food and water. I like being a lazy american.

Why would I want to risk this shit? why do more than I have to?

I like all that shit too, man.

I am just saying. That is the mindset. We have all this stuff to occupy ourselves with. When people have that, they are content. No real change will come.

But I got all that shit. Shit, man, I'm a successful dude.

But my country is in shambles and so therefore I am not a success.

This man was a success...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Redistribution is one of the keys.

• So really though... Besides bitching online what is anyone going to really do?

Not to be a prick but how are you ging to translate this? What are you going to do to help facilitate the change that many of us see as overdue?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So really though... Besides bitching online what is anyone going to really do?

Not to be a prick but how are you ging to translate this? What are you going to do to help facilitate the change that many of us see as overdue?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

hhmm I guess that is what I was saying

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well first of all I believe that revolution comes from within, and in order to change the world one must first change how one views the world. A "revolution of the mind" so to speak.

That's the first step. I think some people on this board are already "there."

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Maybe not you, son. That's your problem I believe.

sell your computer

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    sell your computer

That's not going to help now, will it?

that's not prick-ish, that's a good question.

i think the answer is different for everyone.

because one day it could be you and by doing good and giving a shit about others it helps to create a better place for everyone...one day you might be in a position that you'll need the caring and compassion of others.

i'm not saying folks need to do good because it will benefit themselves, but i think perspective is a good thing to try and have/maintain.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    IDEALISM translating into action is a FICKLE mudderfuckin thing. People generally don't like war and upheaval. Shit's stressful.

The thing is, people are content to rent, fuck, shit, and even listen to occaisonal gunfire in their hood and STILL not get motivated to do anything because they got just enough of the pie.

I ain't dissin. Just sayin...people got theirs (whatever tha means), and that's enough...

Where I'm at is changing shit from within the present system. I teach, plant seeds in young minds and expose them to issues that folks are uncomfortable talking about. That seems to be my piece of the revolution for now.

I WILL SAY THIS: Best believe that if "they" come for me shit will be on...

because one day it could be you and by doing good and giving a shit about others it helps to create a better place for everyone...one day you might be in a position that you'll need the caring and compassion of others.

i'm not saying folks need to do good because it will benefit themselves, but i think perspective is a good thing to try and have/maintain.

for the record, i did not mean those remarks, i was playing the "devils advocate" if you will.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    i got guns and friends with guns.

this is the closest thing to a "higher purpose" during my generation that I have seen.

add NOLA Clap as the soundtrack and ..... well. Pleezebulleeve.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Coming from someone who's lived it.

JD hit me up later if you can.

• I have this friend named Tim who is super awesome. He was in the Army too, but not at the same time as me, so I don't know him from when I was in. But anyways, he's super liberal, and he's always gets in arguments with convervatives about shit. Anyways, we were talking about the army the other night he said "you know, its not like i'm 'proud' that I was in the army or anything, but I love pulling that card when I argue with these dumbasses..." so he can be like "bitch I served my country for four years to earn my right to talk shit... what did you do?" and all of a sudden all these "you must not love america or you would support the war" types shut the fuck up. its pretty awesome. I can't lie, I pull that card too.

for the record, i did not mean those remarks, i was playing the "devils advocate" if you will.

phew! that's a relief.

i cannot keep track of sarcasm and sincerity around here!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I have this friend named Tim who is super awesome. He was in the Army too, but not at the same time as me, so I don't know him from when I was in. But anyways, he's super liberal, and he's always gets in arguments with convervatives about shit. Anyways, we were talking about the army the other night he said "you know, its not like i'm 'proud' that I was in the army or anything, but I love pulling that card when I argue with these dumbasses..." so he can be like "bitch I served my country for four years to earn my right to talk shit... what did you do?" and all of a sudden all these "you must not love america or you would support the war" types shut the fuck up. its pretty awesome. I can't lie, I pull that card too.

Dude like half my family was in the army.

• I have this friend named Tim who is super awesome. He was in the Army too, but not at the same time as me, so I don't know him from when I was in. But anyways, he's super liberal, and he's always gets in arguments with convervatives about shit. Anyways, we were talking about the army the other night he said "you know, its not like i'm 'proud' that I was in the army or anything, but I love pulling that card when I argue with these dumbasses..." so he can be like "bitch I served my country for four years to earn my right to talk shit... what did you do?" and all of a sudden all these "you must not love america or you would support the war" types shut the fuck up. its pretty awesome. I can't lie, I pull that card too.
    That's me in 2 years!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    1. many many people will die. children, women, elderly, everyone. rape, torture, mutilation, starvation, disease, all those things and more will take place.

2. who will control the infrastructure should all this happen and "we" win?

i was thinking about this today while i was driving. seeing all the people go to work and everyone seemed to have a purpose. that's what makes the world go round. go back and listen to the song.

3. what will we use for money? will it all be about trade?

4. what's the rest of the world gonna do, sit back and watch?

I don't have any answers but these are only a few questions that immediately come to mind.

I'm fucking PISSED OFF and want change but I don't know what to do to be completely honest with you, my man.

HOW DO WE STAY AWAKE?

HOW DO WE STAY AWAKE?

can i ask a stupid question? why is that hard to stay awake? i personally find it extremely hard to ignore all the fuckery and not be pissed off a lot. what is this magic potion that everyone else is taking that blocks it all out?

HOW DO WE STAY AWAKE?

can i ask a stupid question? why is that hard to stay awake? i personally find it extremely hard to ignore all the fuckery and not be pissed off a lot. what is this magic potion that everyone else is taking that blocks it all out?

is this question posed to the great population of the US. Because, consumerism and the media and ignorance is what puts them back to sleep.

HOW DOW WE KEEP THEM AWAKE?

HOW DO WE STAY AWAKE?

You cant walk around w/ the hate. It will comsume you. I think acceptance is the magic potion.

• Well first of all I believe that revolution comes from within, and in order to change the world one must first change how one views the world. A "revolution of the mind" so to speak.

Agree with this...

HOW DO WE STAY AWAKE?

You cant walk around w/ the hate. It will comsume you. I think acceptance is the magic potion.

anger and hate are not the same thing though.

That's me in 2 years!!

Trust me, its awesome!

HOW DO WE STAY AWAKE?

anger and hate are not the same thing though.

True. Im going to stay quiet. Talk is cheap.

• IDEALISM translating into action is a FICKLE mudderfuckin thing. People generally don't like war and upheaval. Shit's stressful.

The thing is, people are content to rent, fuck, shit, and even listen to occaisonal gunfire in their hood and STILL not get motivated to do anything because they got just enough of the pie.

I ain't dissin. Just sayin...people got theirs (whatever tha means), and that's enough...

Where I'm at is changing shit from within the present system. I teach, plant seeds in young minds and expose them to issues that folks are uncomfortable talking about. That seems to be my piece of the revolution for now.

I WILL SAY THIS: Best believe that if "they" come for me shit will be on...

This is the truth too...

1. Step one... metnally preparing and readying yourself for that change that needs ot happen.

2. Understanding that others may not or never be ready to accept that change and theya re content with the status quo... This breaks into two groups

A> is happy how shit is and will fight to keep it (ie.2%'ers)

B> Content with the status quo but in reality doesn't want to be bothered with the change

next step?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Alright, people got guns. People got a right to bitch because of what they've been through/seen. I accept that.

I also accept that the world in between California and New York is more than a little different than what I experience in my day-to-day...

I ask you this. You think several small militias doesn't already exist in the MidWest and South that arecompletely antithetical to the sentiment that we're expressing here?

I gotta say...an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...I am not passifist, but I am not looking for people to kill either...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I just PMed AI about this but I think it's better to have it discussed in the public forum. One thing that most of us forget is that we have a lot of weapons in our hands right now.

A week ago we were all bitching about the flooding and what was going to happen to NOLA. That let to a donation drive in which most gave what they could or thought they could afford to total around $1000 or so.

Then came the genius idea of having auctions where we utilize the sitting cash cows that we call records and that 1000 was multiplied 20+ times. At first it seemed a distant goal but we've passed it and are still going strong.

So why not take a closer look at all the things we all have already to bring forth this change?

A few ideas....

An IMPEACH BUSH t-shirt capaign with all proceeds going to the poor

A 12" realease of the K-otix / Mos def track (provided they don't release it) with all proceeds...

and so on...