Summer Jump Off Joints?

2»

Comments

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Lighters Up makes me MAD uncomfortable...shocked to see so many on here cosigning it... it is just a rip off of "Jamrock" right? I think its so big in part because Jamrock got no play outside NYC...

Um... not really, dude. "Lighters Up" is probably big BECAUSE it is a "rip off" of "Jamrock." Everyone I know that's heard it likes it BECAUSE she interpolates Damian Marley's shit (which is just an interpolation/bite of Ini Kamoze's "World a Music" anyway). Ain't nothing wrong with a little lot bit of interpolatin'.

-e

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    BTW, O-dub, if you don't have that G-Unit/Mobb Deep "Outta Control" remix thang, that shit has been killin' it for the past few months. I'm into the newest Rhianna single "If It's Lovin' That You Want," too. I don't think it's really killing clubs yet, but I'm thinking in like two months it will be.

-e

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Um... not really, dude. "Lighters Up" is probably big BECAUSE it is a "rip off" of "Jamrock."

Well thats what I'm sayin... any steam that Jamrock was building in the rest of the world completely dissippated the moment the Kim track dropped... I think it was a lot easier for radio jocks to drop that than try to work something so roots-y into their playlists...

I can guarantee that at least 95% of the folks around here who like the Kim track have heard Jamrock once or less. I thought it was just insulting.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Um... not really, dude. "Lighters Up" is probably big BECAUSE it is a "rip off" of "Jamrock."

Well thats what I'm sayin... any steam that Jamrock was building in the rest of the world completely dissippated the moment the Kim track dropped... I think it was a lot easier for radio jocks to drop that than try to work something so roots-y into their playlists...

I can guarantee that at least 95% of the folks around here who like the Kim track have heard Jamrock once or less. I thought it was just insulting.

Not sure bout in America but Welcome to Jamrock got real big in England I think, to me THE summer joint, cant see nothin else touchin' it, been goin strong all summer

• and i thought Mase was all religious and shit, spittin bout killin dudes?

He's back to being Ma$e Murda. How he thinks he can go from being mr. shiny suit jiggy muhfucka to Reverend Ma$e with a church and everything to a super thug killin' urrthing in sight and still maintain any credibility at all is beyond me. That said, I always liked the Ma$e Murda persona way better than any of the other ones he's adopted. At this point it's impossible to take him serious with that schitt, though. It's about as believable as Will Smith making gangsta music.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    It's about as believable as Will Smith making gangsta music.

watch out now