New Orleans Begins Confiscating Firearms

2»

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    WOW, this whole thing is not looking good for our constitutional rights. How is this whole think gonna wash out once this is over? Is it going to be used as precident to disarm us as citizens for any old reason thefeds want to? And why aren't these "guards " being disarmed too? Really is stinking of some new world order shit. I mean fair is fair if civilians can't have guns in martial law then neither should civilian security guards. That is F'd up. I think we may really be in for some trouble. Is it still legal to buy an AK, I'm thinkin' about it more and more...

In re to buying an AK, it depends on what state you are in. What state are you in Karlito? I'm pretty hip to most US gun laws.

PM me if you want some privacy.

HTH
    ~Crates

Americans are very passionate about guns. There are probably more weapons among your civilian population then there are in the armies of whole countries. And yet, despite all of this firepower, the country is controlled by a small cabal of people who care nothing for their constituents & who are working to undermind the population.

I say take the guns away from the civilians. They won't make any difference. Apparently, Americans do not know how to use them.

Yes, then the government is the only armed force. Nope, it's still a constitutional right here, and I am all for people exercising their rights. Part of the balance, the good with the bad. I don't choose to own a gun, but I appreciate the fact that my right to do so is protected.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Yes, then the government is the only armed force. Nope, it's still a constitutional right here, and I am all for people exercising their rights. Part of the balance, the good with the bad. I don't choose to own a gun, but I appreciate the fact that my right to do so is protected.

That about sums it up for me, too.

buying guns cause were scared of our own government?

Sounds kinda republican.......

Bsides, you know that amendment was put in the constitution so the citizens could protect themselves against the government, right? Or were you being sarcastic?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

You should have that right, but what I'm saying is that the 2nd ammendmend was written by people who fought for their emancipation. Modern day Americans have allowed their government to perpetrate terrible crimes against its own people.

I think the rights granted to Americans by their fore-fathers have gone to waste.

It is widely thought that the leader of your counrty subverted the democratic process to gain his office. Twice.

George Bush is president.

Thousands are dead in Iraq.

Thousands more may be dead in New Orleans.

All this despite the fact that there are supposedly millions of guns in the hands of your civilian population.

Evidently, the constitution is worthless in America.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

That about sums it up for me, too.

buying guns cause were scared of our own government?

Sounds kinda republican.......

Bsides, you know that amendment was put in the constitution so the citizens could protect themselves against the government, right? Or were you being sarcastic?

haha, yes I know. And I fully support our right to own guns. And I find it deeply troubling that our government see's it as okay to take them from us against our will.

Still...it does sound kinda republican haha.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    No wonder America's so fucked up. Why on earth do you still equate owning a gun with personal freedom? Surely all of you on here are intelligent enough to see that mass gun ownership, is almost the complete opposite.

The statement, 'if the government can own guns, then citizens also should be able to' is just retarded.

In Iraq, they had an army, who by the way had plenty of guns, and tanks, and anti-aircraft weapons, etc and the US forces just blew them away in a few days.

And they were trained, experienced fighters. What hope do you seriously think you would have with your private haul, no matter how ridiculously large it is.

Maybe if you didn't own as many guns, you could relax, and be a more laid back country. Instead of the parnoid mess that parts of the country seem to be turning into.

gun sales soar in Baton Rouge

Shit like this just makes a bad situation worse.

• People are being forcefully evacuated for their own safety. If your too stupid, to see that you should leave, then maybe you don't deserve rights.

No wonder America's so fucked up. Why on earth do you still equate owning a gun with personal freedom? Surely all of you on here are intelligent enough to see that mass gun ownership, is almost the complete opposite.
    The statement, 'if the government can own guns, then citizens also should be able to' is just retarded.
    In Iraq, they had an army, who by the way had plenty of guns, and tanks, and anti-aircraft weapons, etc and the US forces just blew them away in a few days.
    And they were trained, experienced fighters. What hope do you seriously think you would have with your private haul, no matter how ridiculously large it is.

Maybe if you didn't own as many guns, you could relax, and be a more laid back country. Instead of the parnoid mess that parts of the country seem to be turning into.

gun sales soar in Baton Rouge
    Shit like this just makes a bad situation worse.

It's not about protecting yourself from the government, it's about protecting yourself from other citizens.... and not waiting for that government to help you do that.

About a year ago I would've totally agreed with you... but the feeling out here now man, I think it's hard to convey, but everyone's loose now.

I'm bout to head to the range myself.... What is clear is that, in the event of catastrophe (just imagine a bio attack on NYC... forced evacuation, riots, etc....) the US government WILL NOT have your back. So, that's why folks want guns. You can't depend on the police, the army, or the feds to help you defend yourself in a tight situation. My emergency/evacuation plan involves my three best friends, my auto, and a couple handguns.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I dunno but the wackos in the milita groups are not looking so much like wackos anymore...

You should have that right, but what I'm saying is that the 2nd ammendmend was written by people who fought for their emancipation. Modern day Americans have allowed their government to perpetrate terrible crimes against its own people.

I think the rights granted to Americans by their fore-fathers have gone to waste.

It is widely thought that the leader of your counrty subverted the democratic process to gain his office. Twice.

George Bush is president.

Thousands are dead in Iraq.

Thousands more may be dead in New Orleans.

All this despite the fact that there are supposedly millions of guns in the hands of your civilian population.

Evidently, the constitution is worthless in America.

All the more reason to be outraged that they are confiscating LEGALLY REGISTERED FIREARMS in a city that should have been evacuated a week and a half ago, and they are doing it for no acceptable reason, and arguing for their right to confiscate much much too late.

• It's not about protecting yourself from the government, it's about protecting yourself from other citizens.... and not waiting for that government to help you do that.

About a year ago I would've totally agreed with you... but the feeling out here now man, I think it's hard to convey, but everyone's loose now.

I'm bout to head to the range myself.... What is clear is that, in the event of catastrophe (just imagine a bio attack on NYC... forced evacuation, riots, etc....) the US government WILL NOT have your back. So, that's why folks want guns. You can't depend on the police, the army, or the feds to help you defend yourself in a tight situation. My emergency/evacuation plan involves my three best friends, my auto, and a couple handguns.

Man, that's serious.

Until a week ago I would have guessed most of the Americans on this site (so that's almost all of you) would be very partial to gun ownership. The post above is quite sobering (and, sadly, very understandable).

It's not about protecting yourself from the government, it's about protecting yourself from other citizens.... and not waiting for that government to help you do that.

Man, that's serious.

Until a week ago I would have guessed most of the Americans on this site (so that's almost all of you) would be very partial to gun ownership. The post above is quite sobering (and, sadly, very understandable).

Yeah.

By the way, the NOLA police are evidently NOT confiscating private security guards' weapons, so people who work for Corporations or who are wealthy enough to pay for security are evidently not covered under the confiscation.
    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?id=2005083123390002246939&dt=20050831233900&w=RTR&coview=

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    By the way, the NOLA police are evidently NOT confiscating private security guards' weapons, so people who work for Corporations or who are wealthy enough to pay for security are evidently not covered under the confiscation.
    http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?id=2005083123390002246939&dt=20050831233900&w=RTR&coview=

Yea, as long as you aren't any where near there and you want to pay someone else to protect your STUFF then it's OK. But if you stuck in that hell hole and have to protect your own LIFE then your SOL.

As Yachov Smiranov (SP) used to say "What a country!!!!!!"