Options

What’s the deal with Eddie Bo and Aaron Fuchs Tuff

2»

Comments

• is there any revenge of the (record) nerds action we can take against fucks? address anyone?

emailadress and ebay handle on blast is the first thing that comes to mind

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    "There's no place that has more lost good music than that city," Fuchs
    says. "There was so much music that was recorded that was deemed to be
    'too New Orleans' when it came out. Most were four-song sessions in
    those days. So the two songs that were put out were the ones that
    sounded like the rest of the country. And the two that didn't come out
    had like the rumba and all those cross-rhythms that are perfect for
    our modern, post-hip-hop years. I was on the verge of all kinds of
    findings. It's like I had just raised the Titanic and someone came
    along and sank it again."

I was really not looking forward to hearing stories like this... so much music, art and history swept into the ocean... absolutely depressing

• Options
    merc him now

he is in nyc

someone give up the address

Eddie Bo needs to Put out all of his own shit on his own Label
    regardless of the fucked contracts he has signed

soulstrut /freyer 45s/whoever else should come together and create a new label for dude to put his stuff out on

yesterday

For some reason, paypal's history search won't turn up his name. i'll have to do it by looking through all the payments.

K.

• What's wrong with you people????

If you want to find him go to his office. If you kill him, make sure to leave a few Caz and Mighty Maestro records for me. Oh, they have a vinyl cutter in the basement, get that too.

Now really, can't we just get back to raising money for NoLa??

F16corners knows the deal. Eddie Bo got ripped off by Scarramazzo, and as I said before, Fuchs compounded that fuck instead of helping Bo get back what he already lost a lot of. He's a shady maggot but with his lawyers he ownz you all.

I heard he lent Spoonie money while he was in jail for posession... well, didn't "lend" it per se, he took his publishing rights in exchange. Fuchs is like a 65 year old Suge Knight.

• If anyone really has beef and wants to discuss ethics with Aaron, I've got his office number. I was going to work with him on a DC project but I'm feeling a bit queasy from this info. I'll give it time to digest then see what I think. If he really treats artists like that......I don't want to be involved.

• No way you should work with him, he's a cunt and you'll be chasing him up for money. (See thread)

But you can learn a few tip from him about putting out comps. Make volume 1 hot, make vols 2-7 full of crap.

• If anyone really has beef and wants to discuss ethics with Aaron, I've got his office number. I was going to work with him on a DC project but I'm feeling a bit queasy from this info. I'll give it time to digest then see what I think. If he really treats artists like that......I don't want to be involved.

There has GOT[/b] to be someone better than Aaron Fuchs...seriously...

• What I was doing wasn't money related it was just info and liner notes related. I think I'll pass on this guy.

• Just so you know, he contacted me about needing some info, it wasn't me asking him for anything.....rest assured, he won't be getting that info now.

• Just so you know, he contacted me about needing some info, it wasn't me asking him for anything.....rest assured, he won't be getting that info now.

In that case, make up some bullshit and send it to him.

• To the best of my knowledge, dude also purchased the rights to Impeach the President for less than $500. Then, to add insult to injury he went around trying to sue everyone (including Run DMC) who had sampled the break. He is a bottom feeding scumbag.

Yeah, but his suit against Run-DMC was thrown out because Fuchs could not prove he owned the rights to the recording of "Impeach." Fuchs waved around an assignment from Roy C. Hammond, but couldn't prove that Hammond-- and not the Alaga label-- had owned the copyright in the recording. Fuchs lost the case and had to pay the other side's attorney fees, which is a pretty rare thing in U.S. courts. Pretty much a total smackdown.

• Options
    To the best of my knowledge, dude also purchased the rights to Impeach the President for less than $500. Then, to add insult to injury he went around trying to sue everyone (including Run DMC) who had sampled the break. He is a bottom feeding scumbag.

Yeah, but his suit against Run-DMC was thrown out because Fuchs could not prove he owned the rights to the recording of "Impeach." Fuchs waved around an assignment from Roy C. Hammond, but couldn't prove that Hammond-- and not the Alaga label-- had owned the copyright in the recording. Fuchs lost the case and had to pay the other side's attorney fees, which is a pretty rare thing in U.S. courts. Pretty much a total smackdown.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    One big exception was the recent Merda/Black Mer-Da CD reissue. "The Folks from Mother's Mixer." Not only were both of their albums on the CD, it had excellent liner notes about the otherwise pretty mysterious group and a number of photos.

That's because SoulStrut's own Pickwick 33 did the liner notes to that one.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    To the best of my knowledge, dude also purchased the rights to Impeach the President for less than $500. Then, to add insult to injury he went around trying to sue everyone (including Run DMC) who had sampled the break. He is a bottom feeding scumbag.

That's fucking dope. But didn't he successfully sue Marley Marl over "Impeach" useage on the Mama Said Knock You out album? Or did that one end in much the same way?

• To the best of my knowledge, dude also purchased the rights to Impeach the President for less than $500. Then, to add insult to injury he went around trying to sue everyone (including Run DMC) who had sampled the break. He is a bottom feeding scumbag.

That's fucking dope. But didn't he successfully sue Marley Marl over "Impeach" useage on the Mama Said Knock You out album? Or did that one end in much the same way?

Dunno. Def Jam may well have settled out with Fuchs on the Cool J usage instead of going to court like Profile. Stupid, though, because if Fuchs can't even prove he owns the rights to the recording, nobody has any reason to pay him.

Comical, yet I'd rather not have my name printed next to obvious fallacy.

• One big exception was the recent Merda/Black Mer-Da CD reissue. "The Folks from Mother's Mixer." Not only were both of their albums on the CD, it had excellent liner notes about the otherwise pretty mysterious group and a number of photos.

That's because SoulStrut's own Pickwick 33 did the liner notes to that one.

Those liner notes were fantastic. Thanks Pickwick33.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    After he won a 45 off me and paid $3.00 under what the shipping costs, it took me 30 emails and a phone call to get the final $3.00. I imagine he's a little cheap. His releases reflect that.

K.

I've gotten similar emails from him, a month later after no payment... like "Oh, sorry, my paypal address was all screwed up... give me your email, and I'll pay right away"... and then payment comes a week later. What gives man!!!!

If he's really fucked these New Orleans artists like the rumors say, the dude has some seriously heavy karma riding on his shoulders.
    same shit happened with me. then i walked down to the tuff city office and tried to talk to him with the 45 in hand...his employees looked shook. i have a feeling he's a wanted man.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ebay name - Lester Bihari, bidding on auctions (bids4@tuffcity.com) beware

also, for those interested.

Aaron Fuchs
    250 W 49th St
    Suite 705
    New York, NY 10019
    United States