My teacher is a Roller Derby Girl!

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    How long before Ashton Kutcher gets involved?

I'm all for it, if he gets "elbowed up".

• The "roller derby revival" is starting to smell like trucker hats, PBR and all that wack pop-cult slumming of the last few years. How long before Ashton Kutcher gets involved?
    maybe pop culture wouldn't be "slumming" if our economy was a little better and people earned a living wage. I don't know about you but I drink PBR High Life etc. 'cause it's all I can afford.

And Faux, not all suit liking girls are gold diggers but I'll bet plenty are. Yes suits do look good but I'm not wearing that shit 'cause I can't afford it and my job does not require it. Not to mention I hate what it represents.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    . Not to mention I hate what it represents.

what does it represent? good taste? style? caring aboot your appearance?

• Options
    The "roller derby revival" is starting to smell like trucker hats, PBR and all that wack pop-cult slumming of the last few years. How long before Ashton Kutcher gets involved?

Who wants to open a roller rink with me in Williamsburg??

The "roller derby revival" is starting to smell like trucker hats, PBR and all that wack pop-cult slumming of the last few years. How long before Ashton Kutcher gets involved?

DUDE, IF I WAS THERE< I WOULD LOVE TOOO!

and i would HATE IT at the same time.

• The "roller derby revival" is starting to smell like trucker hats, PBR and all that wack pop-cult slumming of the last few years. How long before Ashton Kutcher gets involved?
    maybe pop culture wouldn't be "slumming" if our economy was a little better and people earned a living wage. I don't know about you but I drink PBR High Life etc. 'cause it's all I can afford.

Drinking crap beer because it's all you can afford, and drinking it because it provides a cheap, ironic thrill are clearly two different things.

This man has an eye for a ripe market....

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Dudes need to step their dress game up

Drinking crap beer because it's all you can afford, and drinking it because it provides a cheap, ironic thrill are clearly two different things.

There are elements about it that I hate, like the PBR shit, trendyness, etc..

But I love chicks on rollerskates knocking eachother down. I love the nostalgia it brings back from when I was a little kid watching that shit with my dad.

• what does it represent? good taste? style? caring aboot your appearance?
    Herd mentality, style being dictated to you, finding self worth by looking like a page from GQ and quite possibly sacraficing your morals and standards to make money. Sorry I don't have too much respect for corporate america. Blame it on Trump, Enron, Savings and Loan, Big Box stores, Chain Restaurants etc. etc. This is nothing personal against suit wearing strutters. Just against corparate america.

Herd mentality, style being dictated to you, finding self worth by looking like a page from GQ and quite possibly sacraficing your morals and standards to make money. Sorry I don't have too much respect for corporate america. Blame it on Trump, Enron, Savings and Loan, Big Box stores, Chain Restaurants etc. etc. This is nothing personal against suit wearing strutters. Just against corparate america.

Well, then, that is definitly misplaced.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dudes need to step their dress game up

Where did you find that picture of NateBizzo?

Dude, this is comedy.

A suit is no more representative of a herd mentality, of having style dictated to you or of finding self worth through your clothing than any other style of dress.

You do know that there are all different types of suits, right?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Naw, this is something wholly different

You're not about to see any vondutch-cap-wearing little waif get slammed onto an arena floor by a 280lb bruiser... based on the ones I know these are some down to earth chicks (and honestly, very few in this part of the country are even aware of this 'hipster' phenom that gets referenced on the 'strut daily)

• You do know that there are all different types of suits, right?

• You do know that there are all different types of suits, right?
    yes and I'm sure yours are only the best. Suits in my mind and the minds of many other people represent corporate whores. Sorry but it's true. It's even used as a derogitory term by some.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Dude, this is comedy.

A suit is no more representative of a herd mentality, of having style dictated to you or of finding self worth through your clothing than any other style of dress.

When I'm thinking uniform of 'herd mentality' for a young man in America, I'm thinking black tee, jeans and Chuck Taylors... either that or big jeans sagging, wifebeater and Nikes...

• I see where Karlito is coming from, but a suit is a piece of clothing every male over the age of 18 should own...shows respect when attending funerals, weddings, court dates...takin a lady out on the town for a posh date every now and then...I own one and like to to don it every once and a while.

yes and I'm sure yours are only the best. Suits in my mind and the minds of many other people represent corporate whores. Sorry but it's true. It's even used as a derogitory term by some.

What isn't used as a derogatory term? "Corporate whores"?

You're talking like you're fourteen years old.

"Don't trust anybody that wears a suit"

Most of my heroes wore suits almost every day of their adult lives.

• I see where Karlito is coming from, but a suit is a piece of clothing every male over the age of 18 should own...
    I agree, I own 2 pin striped 3 piecers. Banker like what. But like I said I almost never wear 'em. I'm all about 'em as a show of respect but not as a status symbol.

• Most of my heroes wore suits almost every day of their adult lives.
    Again, I agree. I'm just not into girls who are into guys who wear suits. That's it, but it's really a moot point since I'm married. I'll quit this silly argument and go get on the Kanye thread or something.

• I'm just not into girls who are into guys who wear suits.

I'm just not into girls who are into guys who wear suits.

THIS IS LIKE THE GAYEST SHIT ALL DAY!!!!

• why is my opinion gay? I didn't say I was into girls, just not into what I see as snotty rich goldiggers. Seems pretty hetero to me.

You know, Paycheck, I feel the same way and I'm one of those suit-wearing, "corporate whores." I hate the fact that (at times) I attract women that are soooo interested in my career. It's bullshit, it truly is a status thing.

I once had a manager who asked me why I didn't hang out at the fancy, yuppie-fied spots where all the "professional" types would be at after work. I told him I wasn't feeling that IMO plastic environment, and he said "Well, you're not gonna make it as a professional if you don't play their game."

Fuck that.

Herm

You know, Paycheck, I feel the same way and I'm one of those suit-wearing, "corporate whores." I hate the fact that (at times) I attract women that are soooo interested in my career. It's bullshit, it truly is a status thing.

I once had a manager who asked me why I didn't hang out at the fancy, yuppie-fied spots where all the "professional" types would be at after work. I told him I wasn't feeling that IMO plastic environment preferred to place myself in situations where people around me is dressin' like bums, and he said "Well, you're not gonna make it as a professional if you don't play their game."

Fuck that.

Herm

I once had a manager who asked me why I didn't hang out at the fancy, yuppie-fied spots where all the "professional" types would be at after work. I told him I wasn't feeling that IMO plastic environment preferred to place myself in situations where people around me is dressin' like bums remove myself from situations where people around me is dressin' like Jay-Z[/b], and he said "Well, you're not gonna make it as a professional if you don't play their game."

Fuck that.

Herm

• I gota say I agree I would much rather have a hipster chick like this cobrasnake right here....

Than a coporate ass broad like.....

but I am also younger I mean when I mature and don't really want my girl throwing up everytime she drinks.. than maybe I'll start wanting to holla at chicks in the coporate world.

Herm

You know what, girls do that no matter WHAT you do. I haven't put on any of my thousand-dollar suits in almost six months and, on a date, I get just as many questions about career, if not more. If anything, I find that most women (including women I was trying to smash when I still wore a suit) find what I do now more attractive, and I don't think there are a lot of women out there who are just attracted to a guy in a suit. Sure, I've met girls who like the look of a suit, but it's what weight you hold as a man that's gonna make a difference. I know plenty of herbs in suits who get no buttdog!

When I am with a woman, I am not concerned about what kind of other guys she might be into. I am concerned with how to work with what she sees in me. Real talk.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

What isn't used as a derogatory term? "Corporate whores"?

You're talking like you're fourteen years old.

"Don't trust anybody that wears a suit"

Most of my heroes wore suits almost every day of their adult lives.

Most of my heroes....Let's see Malcom, Martin and .........Dick Schaap?