To Bambouche: Bestowing A Title

2»

Comments

• Options
    Boombouche?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Numero Uno.

• Man, I don't know what to say. I seriously can't stand people complimenting me. It makes my skin crawl. I just can't hang. Many of you have sent me some very touching PMs and emails and notes with your payments, all of which I've largely ignored, because I don't know what to say...

So I request we re-direct this apprecation to the folks who've died -- or are in the process of dying right now. They are who we're working for, after all.

Again, thank you. I look up to each of you right now. But please stop.

Let's stay humble and stack feddy by the bundle,
    ~Bambouche

Damn, for somebody who hates compliments as much as you do, life must be a struggle, especially the last week.

Be strong, and maybe experiment a little with being wack.

You fuckers...
    I finally got a chance to actually read what you wrote, and y'all are some comedians.

(Page Me), william it was really everything, Numba 1 Gumma, hobbes is my manbitch, Ricky Linderman, Skulls and Shit, Post-Minnesota Bitchkiller, stroking...

I see my white text jumpoffs are no longer a secret, and that I need to watch my level of admission, 'cause even though you're all a bunch of stoners you have a keen sense for remembering the details. Let me add my own .02 to the list, in the spirit of embarrassment:

lurkers, furiously jerking off
    red-faced fuckability

And Mongo,
    Please believe the uncomfortability stems from years of living in consequence. I've done more wrong that I'm worth, and it's hard to acknowledge the right when I can't forget the past. It's personal, but it's not private, you know?

And, just to clarify, I hope no one took my Lao Tsu quote to mean that I see myself as the Virtuous or the sage. I was referring more towards looking to the sage for guidance in virtue during these times of struggle. After actually reading all these posts, mine sounded slightly presumptuous in context, and I did not mean it as such. The challenge, sincerely, is how to stay humble and stack feddy by the bundle.

I'm done for the night, but let's review what we've all done together thus far:

Contributions: 158 [/b]
    Total: $15,957.14 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $63,828.56 [/b]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah yeah, that's word...

• And, just to clarify, I hope no one took my Lao Tsu quote to mean that I see myself as the Virtuous or the sage.

He who knows, does not say
    He who says, does not know

And drewn, I think we know what title needs to be purchased:

red-faced fuckability

(If you don't buy it, I will!)

• I'm done for the night, but let's review what we've all done together thus far:

Contributions: 158 [/b]
    Total: $15,957.14 [/b]
    w/ 3:1 match: $63,828.56 [/b]

holy smokes!!
    that is insane!!!

i dont think this title conveys your dudeness, but i offer "supremo collectro"

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    CATALYST[/b]

• Student of Humanity

• CATALYST[/b]

nice...

• With all due respect

Drew,
    Don't feel bad. I'm honored that you have thought of me. I was more just providing a reason why I hadn't responded to most of the "thank you" emails. I feel flush reading all this, that's all. I won't be offended if you choose to name me anything, although I'd prefer it to not have any pretense of leadership. In the words of my homegirl Judi Bari, I say, "This is not about me... This is about all of us."

I was telling Cosmo late last night, I haven't thought of Ricky Linderman in 20-years, but that dude was my hero as a kid. I need to re-discover that movie.

Take care everyone, and let's not let ourselves get in the way of what we're doing.
    ~Bam

• Bam Bigelow

YES!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    tripledouble said:

Bumping 'cause a) I saw this movie again last night and it reminded me of this thread of yesteryear and b) I miss Bam The Buy Kurious.

page me...