Appreciation...

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Right now... What do ya'll have in rotation right about now?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• i appreciate the carson, califuckyou denny's cuz they dont pipe in that bullshit and instead opt for a mixtape of late 80s early 90s pop radio r&b which goes great with a moon's over my hammy, hammie.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• I've been listening to this thanks to the reminder from rape_donkeys.

Dem regular trademark.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Man, that is a nice LP, ain't it?

• ...looking for this pic, I saw that they are based in Phoenix. I'll be out there myself pretty soon.

• ...looking for this pic, I saw that they are based in Phoenix. I'll be out there myself pretty soon.

Not in Phoenix anymore...back in Memphis. If your looking for the artist...your getting warm.

NEW ORLEANS OWN ERNIE K-DOE HAS BEEN IN HEAVY ROTATION FOR ME LATELY.

Check this more recent pic. of him and his wife...

TRUE PIMPIN'[/b]

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

• that lady is a trip. i walked in to her bar and tried to get a drink and she was like, "do you know who i am???" i said "ernie k does wife?" she acted like i said "nope" im not even sure if she gave me a drink or not. nice place though

a better spot was in the desert 20 minutes outside of joshua tree...me and my girl saw this big saloon looking place so we stopped to get a brew...it being noon and a 105 degrees out. we go in and ...optical illusion, the place is a tiny tiny dive bar. high schoolers playing pool, a couple dusty truckers. so we order two beers and we get carded. we go out to the van to get our IDs. mine was bent in half and the lady refused to accept it (i was 29 at the time) but she offered that my girl could drink. at first i thought the lady was kidding, but she couldnt accept my bent drivers liscence cause "theyd shut me down in a second".

ok. that was way off topic.

appreciating fela and kanye

• that lady is a trip. i walked in to her bar and tried to get a drink and she was like, "do you know who i am???" i said "ernie k does wife?" she acted like i said "nope" im not even sure if she gave me a drink or not. nice place though

It's hard to see...Did see have a full gold grill?

• awallawall 673 Posts

kind of a weird mix

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    that lady is a trip. i walked in to her bar and tried to get a drink and she was like, "do you know who i am???" i said "ernie k does wife?" she acted like i said "nope" im not even sure if she gave me a drink or not. nice place though

a better spot was in the desert 20 minutes outside of joshua tree...me and my girl saw this big saloon looking place so we stopped to get a brew...it being noon and a 105 degrees out. we go in and ...optical illusion, the place is a tiny tiny dive bar. high schoolers playing pool, a couple dusty truckers. so we order two beers and we get carded. we go out to the van to get our IDs. mine was bent in half and the lady refused to accept it (i was 29 at the time) but she offered that my girl could drink. at first i thought the lady was kidding, but she couldnt accept my bent drivers liscence cause "theyd shut me down in a second".

ok. that was way off topic.

appreciating fela and kanye

I saw Quintron at the Mother-In-Law while I was down there. probably the only time I'll ever get free red beans and rice at an indie rock show.

btw Antionette K-Doe was missing last time I checked...anyone seen an update?

oh...and listening to jr writer, randy newman, big star, kano, gza/genius, the counts and ya boy.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I've been listening to this thanks to the reminder from rape_donkeys.

Dem regular trademark.

OG Nigerian?

Very very nice, Eric.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

This shit is kicking my ass right now.
    think: insane typewriter solo...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Man, that is a nice LP, ain't it?

Dudes, I've heard the soundclips, but they just leave me like

What am I missing??

This feels like the "Need of Love" syndrome. Although I did re-purchase that one with the hope of enjoying more than one track on it some day!

• COSIGN

• I've been listening to this thanks to the reminder from rape_donkeys.

Dem regular trademark.

OG Nigerian?

Very very nice, Eric.

God no. I'm rockin CD box sets God.
    =TooBrokeTooBall, yaom?

• Right now...
    01. Galactic ??? Welcome To New Orleans
    02. Earl King ??? No City Like New Orleans
    03. Elvis Presley ??? New Orleans
    04. Louis Armstrong - Where The Blues Were Born In New Orleans
    05. Dr. John ??? Sweet Home New Orleans
    06. Tru ??? Welcome To New Orleans
    07. Gil Scott-Heron ??? Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler) Poem: The Siege Of New Orleans
    08. Randy Newman ??? Louisiana 1927
    09. The Tragically Hip ??? New Orleans Is Sinking
    10. The Neville Brothers ??? Sitting In Limbo
    11. Duke Ellington ??? Blues For New Orleans
    12. Benny Moten???s Kansas City Orchestra ??? New Orleans
    13. Bo Dollis & The Wild Magnolia Magnolia Mardi Gras Indian Band ??? Handa Wanda
    14. Louis Armstrong ??? New Orleans Function
    15. Merrill Moore ??? Nola Boogie
    16. The Meters ??? Look-Ka Py Py
    17. Tom Waits ??? I Wish I Was In New Orleans
    18. Louis Armstrong ??? Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?
    19. Fats Domino ??? When The Saints Come Marching In

Herm

• I have not gone out to dig in awhile, not even thrift store stuff. Itching to do so, but got to tend to bills and whatnot. I'll be patient.

Until then, I've been listening to a bit of this:

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Irma Thomas "Ruler Of My Heart"

For all of New Orleans.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Just listened to this one, great record imo.

• GOOD HIP-HOP

Track nummer ten: "She Moved Outta Cincy" is a tear-jerker rip of D'Angelo's "Africa"

• GOOD HIP-HOP

Track nummer ten: "She Moved Outta Cincy" is a tear-jerker rip of D'Angelo's "Africa"

That's the hotness right there.

• SAYIN! Most fun hip-hop I've heard in months! I like the other track when one guy raps how he ain't really sound like Jay Z but he really sounds like Jay Z.

• GOOD HIP-HOP

That's the hotness right there.

for real... Those cats did a nice album there. we gave away a bunch of them with orders a little while back.