What did you do this weekend?

2»

Comments

• Watched Fatal Attraction with my mom.

You dont find watching sex scenes with your mom just a tad uncomfortable?

• Options

Watched Fatal Attraction with my mom.

He's from Montreal[/b]. That help?

K.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Watched Fatal Attraction with my mom.

I never feel uncomfortable watching sex scenes with his mom.

I never feel uncomfortable watching sex scenes with his mom.

• Watched Fatal Attraction & Four Rooms with my mom. Had a family dinner. Chatted about project blowed with anasarcasm. Slept.

stop biting the blowed, haz.

Chatted about project blowed with anasarcasm

TWO WAY TIE FOR MOST SUSPECT

• crashed a party in hayes valley

What day was this? My party was in the Hayes too.

hickory street sat night. some academy of art folls i think. i used to stay on hayes btwn gough and franklin. miss that hood.

• Serious shouts to Detroit. It's easy to get caught up in politics, race and world news, but really it only takes one genuine good hearted person to restore your faith in humanity. I don't think I can count the people like this I met this weekend.

To all the Detroit strutters and formerformer strutters, thank you for making me smile.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    middle flag

It's an iron cross, no doubt. But in 2005, iron crosses are pretty much just a fashion statement adored equally by skinheads, bikers, skateboarders, The Stooges, The Hellacopters, about a fafillion garage bands in California, not to mention leagues of under-16 Hot Topic customers.

Surfer's Cross

full disclosure: I used to rock one way back when. In allegiance to Jan and Dean and Big Daddy Roth, not the Kaiser!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

are you looking a some poor kid you knocked down to get that record?

• actually that's d.c****ll* and lil******. and I believe he 3 steped some poor frat girl to the ground to snag that gem.

• middle flag

It's an iron cross, no doubt. But in 2005, iron crosses are pretty much just a fashion statement adored equally by skinheads, bikers, skateboarders, The Stooges, The Hellacopters, about a fafillion garage bands in California, not to mention leagues of under-16 Hot Topic customers.

The skins I knew in the early 80's who wore iron crosses did it for a reason. If I were a skin familiar with the stereotypes (which I were not part of), I wouldn't be wearing Nazi paraphenalia whether it's passed into pop culture or not.

Just my opinion.

K.

It could also be a German heritage thing. Nazi Hitler Youth skinhead culture style was stolen from early british skinheads. Working class youths who liked to dance it up in dancehalls listening to prince buster, desmond dekker blah blah blah reggae and ska you know. I mean so most people unfortunately have this pre concieved notion that oh you dress a certain way and your head is shaved your a racist. There were a couple of songs for skinheads by reggae artists with skinhead in the title. I just don't remember.

• It could also be a German heritage thing. Nazi Hitler Youth skinhead culture style was stolen from early british skinheads. Working class youths who liked to dance it up in dancehalls listening to prince buster, desmond dekker blah blah blah reggae and ska you know. I mean so most people unfortunately have this pre concieved notion that oh you dress a certain way and your head is shaved your a racist. There were a couple of songs for skinheads by reggae artists with skinhead in the title. I just don't remember.

I'm real happy the skins have/had my back!

I smoked weed and drank beer and ate some cereal.

• Options
    middle flag

The skins I knew in the early 80's who wore iron crosses did it for a reason. If I were a skin familiar with the stereotypes (which I were not part of), I wouldn't be wearing Nazi paraphenalia whether it's passed into pop culture or not.

Just my opinion.

K.

It could also be a German heritage thing. Nazi Hitler Youth skinhead culture style was stolen from early british skinheads. Working class youths who liked to dance it up in dancehalls listening to prince buster, desmond dekker blah blah blah reggae and ska you know. I mean so most people unfortunately have this pre concieved notion that oh you dress a certain way and your head is shaved your a racist. There were a couple of songs for skinheads by reggae artists with skinhead in the title. I just don't remember.

True, I'm sure it goes farther back than the Hitler era (as everything always does), but it is strongly linked to it and I just wouldn't do it...and, yeah, I'm well aware of the rude boy/trojan/mod era of skin involved with reggae - much different from their nazi/white power counterparts.

K.

• I Djed a wedding in Potomac, MD. We were still plugging shit in as the guests started streaming into the tent. Close call. First dance "Blues Skies" by Willie Nelson. Biggest tunes of the night "Da Butt" "Wild Thing" "Bust a Move" and "Please Don't Bury Me" by John Prine (bride request). Caterers loved us. Said it was nice not to hear the chicken dance or the electic slide for a change. Got paid.

• middle flag

Just my opinion.

K.

True, I'm sure it goes farther back than the Hitler era (as everything always does), but it is strongly linked to it and I just wouldn't do it...and, yeah, I'm well aware of the rude boy/trojan/mod era of skin involved with reggae - much different from their nazi/white power counterparts.

K.

Not ot be confused with S.H.A.R.P.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I went to a wake & a funeral for a close relative. Not fun. Cancer really fucking sucks.
    Spent all of Sunday pulling out every Louisiana/Mississippi record I could find in my collection for my radio joint on Monday, much more fun.

• middle flag

Surfer's Cross

full disclosure: I used to rock one way back when. In allegiance to Jan and Dean and Big Daddy Roth, not the Kaiser!

Cosign. Major part of my 1985 garage punk wardrobe...

• I haven't updated in ages, I've been fiending for a day off for a while since I've been busy designing belts for my dad like this soul sister belt Image hosted by Photobucket.com, and joining him in Vegas for the entire week at the MAGIC show. To relax, I spent this weekend with my lady chilling poolside while enjoying mixed drinks and blasting the reggae station from the music channels on dish network (our apartment is directly next to the pool) My best friend and digging buddy Cameron came over at about noon, so we partook of a strawberry flavored joint and took a quick and refreshing dip in the pool before cooking up some veggie corndogs and various other snacks. After getting our fill of the hot afternoon sun, we headed record shopping which is a luxury I haven't had the time/money for in a while. Here is what I'm giving a new home to...
    All OG, all the time!!!
    Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
    We topped the evening off going to my favorite pizza place in Eagle Rock called Casa Bianca and got tanked on the chianti. It was great times, but the money I normally spend in an entire month for records I used in one day. Looks like I'm gonna be sitting back and watching you all come up and get jealous like a mother fucker. Just kidding, much love yall

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    holy shit that belt is HOT!!!

and hot damn those are some hot records~!!!! you get all of those in Vegas? dont tell me Wax Trax!

• thanks man,
    no I only got 1 or 2 in vegas, 2 from e-bay, the rest in Sunny California.