Digital Downloads for Charity

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Slightly illegal I know, but it works on the reverse principle of the Heatrocks. Lots of people contribute one bloodshitter/facemelter/secret squirrel etc, each in 192K mp3. One person or more arranges them into a mix/comp and rips it as a continuous 128k mp3. It can then be downloaded via a digi downloads system for say $3 each. Assuming $1 of it covers all the tech/processing fees, 500 downloads would be another $1000 easy. This could be posted around many boards and suddenly there's a large number of micropayments coming in.Anyone have a digi downloads thing set up already? I can look into it. I have some webspace to co-host on, with a fair amount of bandwidth.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I would certainly contribute to this!

• I talked about this last week, I'm just unaware of how to do it. But I have some songs that I'd be more than happy to put up.

• In a similar vein, Noz has an N.O. bounce comp up on Cocaineblunts.com with links to the Soulstrut auction. The tracks are retardedly fresh plus . I'd never heard ANY of it before.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I have a similar idea, maybe we could combine it?

I thought we could get SS people to donate original beatz and compile them into a SoulStrut Benefit album See LITTLE DUDE IDEA POST . Scroll to the end, I have revised the idea froma contest to an album. Shipping each for $20 plus S/H. I am hugely interested in collaborating with some of you good folks and raising some $$ for N'awlins.

BigSpliff, Lam, what do you think?

gNAT