WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN NOLA?!?!?!?!

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    The focus of that reporter's concern is mad

Fucking condescending shit head.

"That's not your color, is it?"

FUCK HIM!!!!!!!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    JINX

that's the EXACT same time I was talking about too

you owe me a coke.

• The focus of that reporter's concern is mad

True.

But the cops shit is insane.

People carrying out stereos and shit, that's ridiculous. People getting food and clothes, that's real.

I don't know, this shit is just weirding me out.

If I had the ability to run around a Wal-Mart, I would be footin it for the hills. Of course, given that there is no electricity, maybe people down there don't know the extent of everything that is going on???

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    you owe me a coke.

you can just keep the jinx

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    agreed[/b]...this clip came from MSNnbc incidentally...

It caught my interest because people's priorities are so distorted due to capitalism and their hunger for material shit...people are dying outside and so maybe we should get a new pair of shoes?

I'm so scared of this shit right now...we're gonna be hearing about this for the next 100 years...hope we learn some from shit...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

NO SHIT

I just got checked by my wife for calling dude a prick in front of the kids.

I fucking hate condescending cracker reporters like that.

Make sure fucking WAL-MART doesn't lose precious inventory....what a cocksucker.
    And make sure you give 'em a plug while your at it(you missed a spot down by their balls, asshole).

And make sure you give 'em a plug while your at it(you missed a spot down by their balls, asshole).

I missed that the first time.
    seriously, get the finger!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Make sure fucking WAL-MART doesn't lose precious inventory....what a cocksucker.

perfectly stated...

• It caught my interest because people's priorities are so distorted due to capitalism and their hunger for material shit...people are dying outside and so maybe we should get a new pair of shoes?

I wonder exactly how much people know. With no electricity, no phone, no internet, no tv, and probably no radio, people probably don't know anything other than what's going down in the immediate vicinity.

It kinda reminds me of 09-12-01, I remember people being everywhere, lined up at gas stations, and even with no power outages or anything you're just like, "Am I missing something? What's going on?"

I know in some places there are dead and whatnot but this is a multistate area, and that Wal-Mart didn't seem to even be particularly affected. In that location there may be no dead floating around - remember, this disaster reaches far beyond New Orleans or even Louisiana.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    It caught my interest because people's priorities are so distorted due to capitalism and their hunger for material shit...people are dying outside and so maybe we should get a new pair of shoes?

I wonder exactly how much people know. With no electricity, no phone, no internet, no tv, and probably no radio, people probably don't know anything other than what's going down in the immediate vicinity.

It kinda reminds me of 09-12-01, I remember people being everywhere, lined up at gas stations, and even with no power outages or anything you're just like, "Am I missing something? What's going on?"

I know in some places there are dead and whatnot but this is a multistate area, and that Wal-Mart didn't seem to even be particularly affected. In that location there may be no dead floating around - remember, this disaster reaches far beyond New Orleans or even Louisiana.

Take away the veneer of society & some folks will go nuts - its lord of the flies come to life. Imagine how fucked up it would be to say - "Yeah, I survived a level 5 hurricane & some guy stabbed me." That's a T-shirt right there.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I cannot keep my cool right now...somebody say something to ground me right now...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I cannot keep my cool right now...somebody say something to ground me right now...

There will be stories of heroism to come out of this nightmare. The media is having a field day with the crazy shit going down, but there's got to be more people out there like that kid who drove those people to Houston.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    The media is having a field day with the crazy shit going down, but there's got to be more people out there like that kid who drove those people to Houston.
    thanks...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Shit, people really don't believe that poor people feel entitled to shit in this country, just like the rich people do. When there is no one minding the store, literally, in a poor area, what does your average person THINK happens. Shit get's LIFTED. Add on that they feel completely ignored or abandoned...who wouldn't do that?

Jesus, hasn't anyone watched Dawn of the Dead??!!! Most topical movie EVER right about now, so much so that I feel it trivializes the event even mentioning it, but someone needs to give Romero a 'saw-it-coming" award.

and how eerie is this:

Hard to tell what's scarier anymore.

Actually, it's easy.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I lived in New Orleans from December 2004 to last May. This shit has got me twisted on so many levels that I can't even bear to watch the news. The history that's been lost is staggering, and that aspect has been made absolutely trivial compared to everthing else that's gone wrong.

The federal government completely failed its people, and George Bush deserves to have this tragedy as his legacy. A lot of the people who I worked with didn't have cars, and I know a good portion of them didn't get out in time. It makes me sick to think of what they're going through. Not to mention, even if they survive the chaos, they probably have nothing left in the world -- not even a job to which they can return.

Thinking about all this makes my head hurt.

• In the Walmart clip where the cops are "shopping": how is that Walmart lit up like it's open for business? Emergency generators? Looks like a better place to be than the Superdome or Convention Center. Just grab yourself a futon and chill right there- the police sure didn't seem like they gave a shit.

• In the Walmart clip where the cops are "shopping": how is that Walmart lit up like it's open for business? Emergency generators? Looks like a better place to be than the Superdome or Convention Center. Just grab yourself a futon and chill right there- the police sure didn't seem like they gave a shit.

My thoughts exactly.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This aired last night.

It's one big lo-fi file but it's worth watching. (quicktime link is broken)

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html#a4763

I didn't realize that last night they wouldn't let anyone out of the city. Military checkpoint blocking the only way out.

This whole thing has been incredibly difficult to understand.

*update

there is ALOT more to watch on there as well[/b]

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

• That's fucking sick.

This is some 1930s shit, not 2005 shit. What the fuck. Really.

I never thought I would see something like that in America.

And you know what I thought of? Those Iraqi's ramming police checkpoints over there. And there's not near the level of scrutiny there that there is here.

Crazy shit like that doesn't sound so crazy when you put it in this type of perspective. Too bad all the cars are waterlogged... shit.

America is a big letdown sometimes.

Lately, I just see Canada looking more and more attractive.

Each time the shit just wears me down a little more.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

America is a big letdown sometimes.

Perhaps, but the hearts of the folks who truly make up this country have done nothing but inspire me. In times of crisis, the People of this country give as much if not more than they can. i cannot even tally the instances of extreme generosity and compassion that I have witnessed. the government is certainly another story. we need to keep our heads up and hope alive by building with each other.

• I have so many things to say but it's coming out all twisted.

We need to demand things from our government. We pay for it. They aren't coming through with their side of the deal. It's bad governing and it's wrong. Incompetence in it's purest form.

I've lived on the streets in some ill ass hoods, straight ghetto mad max shit at night. I told my girl I'll take care of her if or when the big one hits in Los Angeles. It'll be pandaemonium.

aleit is right though. A lot of citizens have pledged help. Given a lot. It's the federales that are a let down.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    This aired last night.

It's one big lo-fi file but it's worth watching. (quicktime link is broken)

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html#a4763

I didn't realize that last night they wouldn't let anyone out of the city. Military checkpoint blocking the only way out.

This whole thing has been incredibly difficult to understand.

*update
    there is ALOT more to watch on there as well[/b]

http://www.crooksandliars.com/

my jaw dropped when i saw that...i mean its geraldo and fox afterall, but the way him and the other dude on scene were just speechless and geraldo crying, im glad that was shown on fox, one of the most corrupt news networks of all time and massively influential to the common person there

• meshmesh 925 Posts

wow

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Jesus Christ.

Does anyone else find alot of the actions (and lack thereof) of FEMA to be odd?

We had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water. FEMA turned them back[/b]. They said we didn???t need them. This was a week ago. FEMA, we had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish. When we got there with our trucks, FEMA says don???t give you the fuel[/b]. Yesterday ??? yesterday ??? FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines.[/b] They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards and said no one is getting near these lines???

wtf? That's not the only thing they've done that's made me wonder what REALLY is going on down there.

Not to get all conspiracy theoried out on you, but could they be using this opportunity as an experiment somehow? I can't see any reason behind doing what's quoted above unless there's something more sinister going on.

Plus, anyone who's read

or any other similar book can tell you the true role people think FEMA has.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Jesus Christ.

We had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water. FEMA turned them back. They said we didn???t need them. This was a week ago. FEMA, we had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish. When we got there with our trucks, FEMA says don???t give you the fuel. Yesterday ??? yesterday ??? FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards and said no one is getting near these lines???

wtf? That's not the only thing they've done that's made me wonder what REALLY is going on down there.
    Not to get all conspiracy theoried out on you, but could they be using this opportunity as an experiment somehow? I can't see any reason behind doing what's quoted above unless there's something more sinister going on.

damn yo, i didnt even think about it like that, an experiment. this shit is crazy. i cant even think.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hey, maybe i'm just tripping.

We all know our government would never do anything like that.

• Jesus Christ.

We had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water. FEMA turned them back. They said we didn???t need them. This was a week ago. FEMA, we had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish. When we got there with our trucks, FEMA says don???t give you the fuel. Yesterday ??? yesterday ??? FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards and said no one is getting near these lines???

damn yo, i didnt even think about it like that, an experiment. this shit is crazy. i cant even think.

Maybe not an out and out experiment, but it's pretty clear that from day one the federal govt looked at this as purely a security operation. If there's no functioning economy, then blacks and sick, elderly, etc, etc, are just looked on as useless stock that needs to be pushed aside until the important things like oil refineries can be restored. This attitude, plus totally underestimating the devastation caused by floods in a hot climate, means that this escalated way out of control. Negligent incompetence with a double shot of social darwinism. I'm sure this is pretty much how Iraqis have been living for the last 2 years. 3 more years of Bush???? Please not.