Comments

• Yeahhhh....27 feedbacks and he changed his user ID in the last 30 days.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

this 45 goes for peanuts... damn disco dudes gotta get their full 12"s

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Goes to show, money can't buy taste.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Cot damn! Dude is a I wish I could buy records like that! The feedback said that he went and picked up most of those joints in person and paid for em on the spot. Gully. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Goes to show, money can't buy taste.

Word? I would LOVE to have all those OG 12"s. You don't like dope disco records? I bet you don't like Modern Soul or AR Music either?!

• iconicon 86 Posts
    All of these are good, just way overbid on.

Should have gotton about 4 of the Family Tree's for $1200.

• All of these are good, just way overbid on.

Yea, i mean, is this REALLY this high??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4716443874

• iconicon 86 Posts
    Yeah, I've noticed recently that white label promos will have a much higher selling value than the actual release, even if the mixes and songs are the same.

I see Free consistently sell for $200 though.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Yeah, it actually is. You'd be surprised, some 12"s (especially WLP's) that you'd think were just common crap can go for huuuuuge dollars. Ashford & Simpson, Melba Moore, Love Unlimited, Earth Wind & Fire, The Bee Gees even Madonna have certain 12"s that are way up there in price. Why, I have no idea. Especially if the promo is no different than the commercial release... I don't get that at all.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Yeah, it actually is. You'd be surprised, some 12"s (especially WLP's) that you'd think were just common crap can go for huuuuuge dollars. Ashford & Simpson, Melba Moore, Love Unlimited, Earth Wind & Fire, The Bee Gees even Madonna have certain 12"s that are way up there in price. Why, I have no idea. Especially if the promo is no different than the commercial release... I don't get that at all.

I take it that you weren't at the Amish show last Sunday? Apparently Bob brought out the last 6 boxes of that collection. I wasn't there ... but he said noone bought any of them and he dumped the rest of them. I wonder what was in there?

• USUALLY WHEN I REPLY TO A THREAD IT ENDS WITH MY REPLY

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    that family tree is a disco holy grail and has been ever since the disco days. and it's really good.

many promo disco 12"s do have different mixes...like the ashford and simpson "one more try"...pretty nice album cut, but on the 12" it has a sick break that makes it infinitely better for mixing.

can i mention that i just scored two disco holy grails? exodus "together forever" and the bay city rollers "don't stop the music"...the bay city disco mix starts off with a sick break, thus it goes for $$$.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    what i can't figure out is some promos with different mixes go for crazy money while some with different mixes go for 2 dollars. even ones by the same artists.

does anyone know if there is a price guide for disco 12"s? it all seems weird to me.

the dope mixes are the ones that go for $$$.

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    I hate it when 12"s have "Special Disco Version" printed like this and they are the same as the album version

i kinda like it when the special disco mixes are the same as on the lp because then i can at least be happy with the lp if i can't find the 12". but another factor in all this is the sound quality of the 12"s which is huge compared to lp cuts.

another factor in all this is the sound quality of the 12"s which is huge compared to lp cuts.

True indeed, true indeed.

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    another factor in all this is the sound quality of the 12"s which is huge compared to lp cuts.

indeed True

deed in, true

indeed True

True dat, word is bond, Official like a referee whistle, Word to Big Bird.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

this 45 goes for peanuts... damn disco dudes gotta get their full 12"s

Tell me about it...I came up on nice stock copies of some dope disco 45's, like handfuls of each, shit that sells for $75+ for the 12", and the 7" can't be given away, or at least they are your average five dollar 45's at best. Alot of the early shit, the 45 is the same as the 12", like I have V.I.P. Connection "West Coast Drive" on Morningstar, the 12" is 2:00 longer but is just a tape splice extend, you could do better with 2 45's and a crossfader, but people will pay $65 for the 12" and won't even look at my 45's...

btw West Coast Drive is a dope early disco funky instro, so when it pops up in my trade posts, don't sleep...[/sketchy thread hijack style]

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I take it that you weren't at the Amish show last Sunday? Apparently Bob brought out the last 6 boxes of that collection. I wasn't there ... but he said noone bought any of them and he dumped the rest of them. I wonder what was in there?

Nah, I was there and I picked through dude's crates. I got maybe about 15 things from him that I recognized- a lot of that 12" stuff I have no idea if it's anything worthwhile or not. Unfortunately I have too many records up in my spot already to pull a Mahal and just buy the whole lot! (He did make me that offer, though.) But if I knew he was gonna just toss 'em I probably would've given him at least a couple of bucks for all 6 crates! Where I would've put them I have no idea, though. Soon the crib is gonna be looking like this-

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Howd you get a picture of my crib

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    disco 45's are the shit. i like them more than 12's, but on a darwinian level 12's do outrate them.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I spy a few lunchboxes I have in that picture, Bionic Woman and The Partridge Family. Whats that picture from anyways?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I spy a few lunchboxes I have in that picture, Bionic Woman and The Partridge Family. Whats that picture from anyways?

It would be C's spot - but there's too much white space on the walls.

• Co-sign