ebay owns your very soul....

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
when you write emails like this:I NEVER SELL OFF LINE! SET YOUR COMPUTER TO TELL YOU WHEN I PUT NEW STUFF ON AND MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL HAVE ANOTHER.does this guy drive an ebay company car?? i mean why so loyal and faithful to ebay? all they do is take your money, and partial/full ownership of your soul.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    he clearly is not busting any "real world moves???".

• when you write emails like this:

I NEVER SELL OFF LINE! SET YOUR COMPUTER TO TELL YOU WHEN I PUT NEW STUFF ON AND MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL HAVE ANOTHER.

does this guy drive an ebay company car?? i mean why so loyal and faithful to ebay? all they do is take your money, and partial/full ownership of your soul.

4real. I try to stay away from ebay as much as possible.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I can stop Ebay, seriously, I can... I don't NEED it. its not like I couldnt survive withOUT it!

• all they do is give you access to 66 million hits a month, a chance to come up big on bidding wars between a small circle of interested folks, and a minor degree of fraud protection. for folks that slang a lot of shit on ebay, got their system down and shit automated one offs arent worth the hassle. dont hate the player ...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    when you write emails like this:

I NEVER SELL OFF LINE! SET YOUR COMPUTER TO TELL YOU WHEN I PUT NEW STUFF ON AND MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL HAVE ANOTHER.

does this guy drive an ebay company car?? i mean why so loyal and faithful to ebay? all they do is take your money, and partial/full ownership of your soul.

4real. I try to stay away from ebay as much as possible.

Unless your Tom Noble, why would you even bother with the notion of selling off line? Talk about headaches! Lugging records to conventions, lugging records to TSL in NYC, waiting in your apartment for cats to roll through to buy something only to have them waste 3 hours of your life, etc, etc, etc,

For guys like myself, who have day jobs and a family, eBay just works better. List them shits and get on with your life and watch the PayPal account grow. Repeat.

• I meant buying from the bay. Shit gets ridiculous, b.

I meant buying from the bay. Shit gets ridiculous, b.

I agree. I haven't bought on the Bay in a few months... reason being -- it's spring again and dope records are all over for cheap. Also got sick of going up against Swiss Bank account guy with better exchange rate to try to win American records pressed 70 miles from my house.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Unless your Tom Noble, why would you even bother with the notion of selling off line? Talk about headaches! Lugging records to conventions, lugging records to TSL in NYC, waiting in your apartment for cats to roll through to buy something only to have them waste 3 hours of your life, etc, etc, etc,

For guys like myself, who have day jobs and a family, eBay just works better. List them shits and get on with your life and watch the PayPal account grow. Repeat.

CHUUURCH!

BTW I'll be at the 57th St show tomorrow, somebody come by and say hello.

P.S. Is it safe to sell KPM's back on the 'bay?
    Got some good pieces, if not I'll throw a set sale on the classifieds.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    thanks raj. good advice. maybe i should live in the suburbs, get married, have a kid, and sell records on ebay.

anymore pointers pm me!

thanks raj. good advice. maybe i should live in the suburbs, get married, have a kid, and sell records on ebay.

anymore pointers pm me!

Juss saying that not all of us are career diggaz... I admire the Jinx74's and the Tom Noble types where theroretically you live in a city and kids can come over and smoke a doobie and buy some records, but some of us non-city dwelling, don't want strange record dudes in my house cause the baby is sleeping - types can't be having that. This is why your boy does not sell OFFLINE!

BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

Can I come over and buy some records off you, Earl?

BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

Can I come over and buy some records off you, Earl?

I NEVER SELL OFF LINE!!!!!!! SET YOUR COMPUTER TO TELL YOU WHEN I PUT NEW STUFF ON AND MAYBE ONE DAY I WILL HAVE ANOTHER!!!!!

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

Can I come into the pleasure dome and help you punish yourself, Jeff?

DON'T RISK IT!!!

• when i reply to any thread its usually the last post and the thread dies so here it is.........................FREEZE ..............MUSIC PLEASE

when i reply to any thread its usually the last post and the thread dies so here it is.........................FREEZE ..............MUSIC PLEASE

It's a conspiricy. Like shill bidding. beware!

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    when i reply to any thread its usually the last post and the thread dies so here it is.........................FREEZE ..............MUSIC PLEASE

that's funny i always felt like threads died with me.

all you east coast heads get the cool soulstrut action 3 hours before me when i'm still in bed.

i have to agree with raj, selling off line is wack. although it is nice to have cash in your hand, you get more money on ebay and less hassle (minus post office lines).

buying off line is not wack thus ebay is a double edged sword. that's why all the conventions and record shows lately suck.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    as i said,

ebay owns your very soul.

i'd like to bid on your souls when ebay auctions them.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I sold a show last weekend. It was sweet. You guys need to bring solid (not ) records to a show and see how appreciative via $ dudes are. I didn't expect much, but got a lot more than what I anticipated.
    Peace
    T.N. aka Threadkilla

• Ebay has nothing to do with my soul (NOR DO RECORDS!), it pays my rent in a clutch though.
    When someone wants to buy something on the side they usually want a deal, which is something a struggling DJ with 2 kids and a wifey to support cannot afford.

I generally have a seperate stash of stuff that I don't mind selling on the side/in person...it depends on what it is.

Now, let's talk about records and sense of entitlement.

When someone wants to buy something on the side they usually want a deal

• recently some jerk offered to buy my item without going through ebay. They seemed legit so i said ok. Said they were in ireland and wanted to buy an art print off me. they send me fake money order, with the amount handwritten, in the name of a real bank in the mail for 4000 dollars and theyre trying to get me to take out the money for the item and then send the balance somewhere else. I checked out ebay and apparently this kind of scam has been going on for a while. anyone else have this problem? It was really strange.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    recently some jerk offered to buy my item without going through ebay. They seemed legit so i said ok. Said they were in ireland and wanted to buy an art print off me. they send me fake money order, with the amount handwritten, in the name of a real bank in the mail for 4000 dollars and theyre trying to get me to take out the money for the item and then send the balance somewhere else. I checked out ebay and apparently this kind of scam has been going on for a while. anyone else have this problem? It was really strange.

Sounds kind of like a variation on the Nigerian scam. I've heard of things like that though with eBay, like somebody in England will offer to buy a car that's on eBay if the auction's pulled. They'll even offer to pay a certain amount of money above what you wanted for the car and the cost of shipping it overseas. Only thing is, they have to put the money in escrow or some shit and blah blah blah... Anyhow, bottom line is it's a scam to take you for your goods and they don't have to give up cash. Since you did the deal outside eBay then you're shit out of luck. Basically, if anybody tries to hit you up to do a deal outside eBay and it sounds fishy it probably is.

That said, I once had a guy e-mail me right after I started an auction and offered to pay me a certain amount plus shipping to end the auction and sell him the item. I agreed to do it, dude paid me the money, I sent him the record, life was good. It's the only time I've ever ended an eBay auction early, and probably the only time I ever will. It was when I was fairly new at selling on eBay too.