ENDED: Let a heatrock loose (Maximillian S/T)

mistercmisterc 329 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
THE SUGGESTED RULES
(Cut-and-paste these into your auction/sails)

1. Pick your record: Grade, photograph/soundfile it, and post it in Crate Digging Revealed either as a Set Sail or an Auction. (If you choose auction, choose an auction end time, specifying time zone, and the last person to post a bid before the end of the auction [we can use the date/time stamp on posts] wins.)

2. Bidders should post directly in the thread. This will allow everyone to see the action happening, perhaps fueling some gentle competition, and driving the price up. (Play fair, bid heartily, and think of everyone whose lives are completely fucked.)

3. When the item ends, the winner should paypal the funds to [email]order@vanguardsquad.com.[/email] I figure paypalling the money directly to the Vanguard fund will incur only one paypal fee, thereby making money available to relief efforts. Feel free to choose otherwise if you like, but please specify in your auction/sail. Tsega or I can send an email verifying the money has been received, so everyone knows the score. (See post about the Soulstrut Relief effort.)

4. Send the record.

5. Receive the record.

I don't have a digital camera so I can't post the actual record, but this is it. The gatefold cover is VG with faint ringwear, no split seams. Vinyl is VG++, damn near perfect, no marks, no surface noise. Start the bidding at $25 ending at 6:30PM Sept 2nd EST based on the post time wins.

Side1
Naked Ape
Kickin' 9 to 5
Scar on My Memory
The Road Rat

Side2
Little Amazon
The Name of the Game
New Lover
Moby's House

This is not a funk record. It's a black power trio playing heavy psych/garage from New York City, 1969. The first track is mellow folk-psych but the rest of the album is heavy and filled with fuzztone. There's an open syncopated drum break on Kickin' 9 to 5. Moby's House is a psychedelic mix cutting and pasting all the songs on the album. Sounds like Black Merda without funk overtones and more sloppy. This is one of my favorite records. I'll be sad to see it go.

Quote on back cover: "And it came to pass in the year 1969 that Golgotha music was one of the few survivng vestiges of truth. Its prophets of love and truth such as B.B. King, Bob Dylan, Donovan, Aretha Franklin, Arlo Guthrie, Joan Baez and others, sang the psalms of time. The crucifixion of the social heroes of the day, such as Dr Martin Luther King Jr, President John F Kennedy, Malcolm X, and Senator Robert F. Kennedy, has made even bigger demands on the importance and value of music, thus creating new prophets of love and truth."

I've never sold a record on the internet but I'll make sure it gets wherever it goes.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited above to include picture

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    SHIT LOOKS HEATROCKISH!!!

• i bid $25.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    $30

• I'll put down $40

• SHIT LOOKS HEATROCKISH!!!

Thanks for the picture posting help btw

• bump

I'm listening to this right now and it'll be on repeat til it's gone. This album is VERY raw. Where are all the psych/rock heads?

Thanks to all that've bid so far too

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    $55

• $55

Word.

I wish I had some professional looking mixes to send like the DJs but I'm also adding on a multidisc burned CD Black Rock anthology taken from my collection including:

-Funkadelic non album Bsides and unreleased track from the early Westbound years
    -A Funkadelic complete live set in 1971 w/ a 14 minute version of Maggot Brain with the whole band
    -Both Black Merda albums
    -Purple Image
    -Electric Mud
    -Howlin Wolf album
    -Black Nasty
    etc.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    $60

• I keep getting outbid on everything else. crikey.

$80

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    This is crazier than Ebay!! $80 for Maximillian!? lol... Jesus

• This is crazier than Ebay!! $80 for Maximillian!? lol... Jesus

Helping people is way more valuable than all these records.

Truth. With the match that's $240.

• edit. auction ends at original time

• I've see a lot of people extending their auctions to Monday, 9/5, so I'm going to do the same. 6:30PM EST. Plus it'll give me this weekend to burn the aforementioned vinyls to CD.

you know what, for the people ending them today, I would say END THEM TODAY! you can still ship em out tuesday or whatever to get your rip on...

I think we can hit our $25,000 mark by tonight if this keeps up, and lord knows they need this $$ NOW.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

I ain't saying it isn't. Donating money to help people doesn't require any good in return does it? So why not just drop X amount? I mean, I could spend $200 on Bozz Scaggs, or I could buy Bozz Scaggs for $1 and donate $199 to help people. Or even better, donate $200 and still buy bozz scaggs for $1

Really, I could look at this another way couldn't I? Like why be so selfish as to require a record auction in order to donate? Now what's more valuable? lol

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

I ain't saying it isn't. Donating money to help people doesn't require any good in return does it? So why not just drop X amount? I mean, I could spend $200 on Bozz Scaggs, or I could buy Bozz Scaggs for $1 and donate $199 to help people.

Really, I could look at this another way couldn't I? Like why be so selfish as to require a record auction in order to donate? Now what's more valuable? lol

This is soulstrut coming together right here. People taking records you couldn't pry out of their hands 2 months a go and donating them to raise proceeds for the less fortunate. Sounds a lot more fun and involving then giving red cross your credit #.

My 2.

I ain't saying it isn't. Donating money to help people doesn't require any good in return does it? So why not just drop X amount? I mean, I could spend $200 on Bozz Scaggs, or I could buy Bozz Scaggs for $1 and donate $199 to help people. Or even better, donate $200 and still buy bozz scaggs for $1

hey man, this is just classic donation. Similar to selling raffle tickets that go to charity. There's a little motivation behind donating. And a little motivation goes a long way. There's no harm in that at all. And personally, the only thing some people have to offer is their records, so this is a great way for them to make a big difference as well. The funds are being quadrupled. That's doing more than donating said value of record to red cross.

Stop knocking it, and BID!

Um...ok. Silk Degrees is now added in the package.

I ain't saying it isn't. Donating money to help people doesn't require any good in return does it? So why not just drop X amount? I mean, I could spend $200 on Bozz Scaggs, or I could buy Bozz Scaggs for $1 and donate $199 to help people.

This is soulstrut coming together right here. People taking records you couldn't pry out of their hands 2 months a go and donating them to raise proceeds for the less fortunate. Sounds a lot more fun and involving then giving red cross your credit #.

My 2.

This too. The idea behind it is to let go of something you really don't want to let go of. This helps people to feel a small fraction of what the people down in Louisiana feel, and that kind of empathy changes the heart, and not just the pocket book. And greater things can be done when the heart is changed.

• 6hrs left. If you haven't heard this you've gotta take my word. Plus the 6 CDs to keep you busy for while

• Less than 3 hrs left. $80 right now. It looks like there's over 100 auctions right now. Just thnk if all of them go for $100 or more.

• 15 minutes left

Heatrock Looser: When the auction is complete, please post in the thread "[MemberName] Won", or somesuch so we know who the victor of the auction is. Once the winner is established, please PM me a link to the thread, the winner's name and the total.

Winner: Please paypal final amount to [email]order@vanguardsquad.com.[/email] In your payment please tell me 1) your soulstrut alias, 2) the record you won, and 3) who posted the Heatrock.

I (or asprin or deepstank) will log onto paypal and confirm the amount has been posted, then post a confirmation in the heatrock thread stating the auction is officially over. I will not tally any auction winnings until the paments are received.

• dcastillo won

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    He's on the road right now but I will contact him and let him know.

• dcastillo won

This auction has been paid. Please send.

• He's on the road right now but I will contact him and let him know.

I'm ready to send it, I just need his address if you've got it. I PMd him but if he's out of town I guess he didn't get it.

Thanks

• PM sent w/ address. I'm a scatterbrain.

All Castillo Heatrocks go out Wednesday AM, with all other things I gotta ship outt.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Look inside your heart. There is a bright shining light within. Peace.