2»

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    That Hemmingson is long-standing favourite of mine. In fact pretty much all her stuff is nice to me. Have you checked out "Trollskog"? Dope shit.

Overall damn decent finds, man.

- J

"Huvva" is my first Marit Hemmingson, but definetely not my last. I'll be on the lookout for "Trollskog". I love the nordic feeling of stuff like this, like Bo Hansson and J:Son Lindh have as well. It has an air of familiarity for me, even though Denmark doesn't have the rough mountain-ambience of Norway, Sweden and Finland (at all!). There's something about those melodies that is unconsciously appealing to me.

Merit Hemmingson (the swedish organ chick) has heat !
    Dont think I ever checked that Huvva though (what ever that means?)...
    Gotta remember to ask you about it...auwright !

We scandinavians be holdin it down!

I??ve asked some swedes what the hell Huvva! means, but nobody has a clue. To me it sounds like "Huvva! This is some serious organ-heat!" but then again that??s just me. Yeah, pretty much her entire discography is good.

Check out the feature the fine lads over at VinylVulture did on her, very informative stuff:

http://www.vinylvulture.co.uk/interviews/merit_hemmingson.php

Vi snakkes i Roskilde!

- J

Huvva! is like, old farmpeople-talk, used back in the day in like the 1800's and stuff, and it can mean a lot of things, it can express relief, dissapointment, surprise, it can be like "hell yeah!", "fuck no!" or anything...just an allround word really, in this case it's probably refering to just that it's and old word because it's a record with swedish folkmusic + "oh huvva! we got some funky shit here" bla bla bla.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Huvva! is like, old farmpeople-talk, used back in the day in like the 1800's and stuff, and it can mean a lot of things, it can express relief, dissapointment, surprise, it can be like "hell yeah!", "fuck no!" or anything...just an allround word really, in this case it's probably refering to just that it's and old word because it's a record with swedish folkmusic + "oh huvva! we got some funky shit here" bla bla bla.

Good looking out on the ol' school nordic slang. Maybe it's time for a ressurection of "huvva!" in the youth speak? Trying to stay ahead of the game, yaknow Are headz ready for funky farmtalk?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Are headz ready for funky farmtalk?

I speak it,

Let??s get a Huvva! emoticon, biotches! About time we got some international jokes going in that department.

- J

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I speak it,

Let??s get a Huvva! emoticon, biotches! About time we got some international jokes going in that department.

- J

OK, so the the huvva appreciation lobby is now official. Two members so far: yours truly and yourself. Anyone else got the cochones to take on the lingo of the past for the future?

• per0per0 153 Posts

I speak it,

- J