Muro art work

YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
Muro's mix CDs frequently feature artwork showing him in poses from classic album releases. When I saw  Les McCann - Never A Dull Moment! (Live From Coast To Coast 1966-1967) which came out towards the end of 2023, I initially thought it must be a reissue of an original 1960s/70s release which would have been the inspiration for the 2014 Muro CD Muro - King Of Diggin' - Diggin' Ubiquity, but then I realised that the Les McCann is not a reissue but in fact a new release of a previous unissued live recording.
What is the original artwork which inspired Muros' Diggin' Ubiquity?

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts

ElectrodeYemsky

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Thanks!

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    That leads me onto my next question. Everybody’s seen this?

Interesting comments below from Dante Ross and Cool Chris…

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    The funniest thing about that thread is the guy claiming Dante must not produce music! 

I think he thinks his work was used by the Beatles but I personally don't think it was.  Years back I remember Purdie saying he was in a studio at the same time as Ringo and someone put 2 and 2 together and got 7 and put this into Bernard's ear.  You know how this industry works.  If there are Beatles-level royalties in it, the lawyers smell blood.

I know Ringo isn't held at the same technical level as Steve Gadd, Vinnie, Bernard or indeed Jim Keltner and the other session legends but if you speak to them about Ringo, they say he plays exactly the right stuff for those songs and they really rate him as a musician because he always plays to the song, and not to impress other drummers.

My mum used to work in Liverpool and watch the lunchtime set in the original Cavern.  The canteen area was shared benches and tables and she sat with them (The Beatles) often, and Cilla.  No egos.  She used to get in for free for the evening sets because she said the bouncer fancied her.  
    ketan

ElectrodeYemskyketankicks79

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Jimster said:
    My mum used to work in Liverpool and watch the lunctime set in the original Cavern.  The canteen area was shared benches and tables and she sat with them often, and Cilla.  No egos.  She used to get in for free for the evening sets because she said the bouncer fancied her.  
    Wow! Off-topic and not as interesting, but it reminds me of my mother and aunt, as teenagers, who housesat for Lou Rawls and his wife. I think the connection came about from my grandmother, a British self-employed seamstress who sometimes had celebrity clientele. Anyhow, a lot of folks passed by at these pool parties the three were invited to. Aretha Franklin, Godfrey Cambridge and Percy Faith are names that were mentioned to me. No egos either. My mother is as honest as the sky is blue and has a good memory, so I believe her. I wish we had photos, but not being able to find them certainly isn't a lack of effort on our part.
    Jimsterketan

• Yeah the Purdie thing, I got real into it at some point and heard a credible explanation (maybe a video essay on youtube?) that early (I don't know if they're pre-Ringo) recordings of the Beatles, maybe for re-release in Italy as a cash in when they were blowing up, got drum overdubs - like 3 or 4 tracks, by the way, not 21 - by Purdie to juice them up. So he didn't "fix" any Beatles records, just juiced up a foreign re-release, but his claim of playing on Beatles records is true if totally blown out of proportion - basically what Cool Chris says.
    kicks79Yemsky