Local greatness

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
Anyone have any hometown heroes that they want to recommend?

Comments

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    From my neck of the woods:

Electrode

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    The list of musicians from Los Angeles is infinite, but I was raised in North Hollywood-Van Nuys, so:

Something much lesser known:

Mondeyano

• I grew up in the Bay, specifically the Peninsula/West Bay. A lot of 12manrambo type rough raps passed my ears as a youngster and I still have a soft spot for a lot of that stuff.
    East Palo Alto (back when it had like two murders a week in a population of 30,000):

in another thread I mentioned SCARING THE HOES reminded me of Motel Crew, which predates it by 15-20 years

also my hometown hall of shame probably includes the grateful dead whose first shows were in Menlo Park I believe

Mondeyano

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    My hometown (Dundas, Ontario) has had an inordinate number of great musicians come out of it, but the greatest is Stan Rogers.  He sadly passed away far too young in 83 in tragic and heroic fasion: https://www.thespec.com/life/local-history/spec175/2021/09/18/dundas-folk-legends-life-ended-on-a-smoke-filled-runway.html

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,783 Posts
    Radiohead, Ride, Supergrass* in the ‘90s, plus Jungle dons The Invisible Man & Funky Technicians aka Total Science. All of them are also-rans when compared to David Ramjam Rodigan of course: champion selector!

*regulars in the bar I worked in