TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I am summonsed by the one Jimster 
    Jimster

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    the Frank Lampard of strut commentary, back to manage the forum!

Hey PP - long time no speak! Wish I had some interesting news to convey but alas…

Music-R tho I have spent plenty time these last 2 years massaging a large set of library cuts (both mad and banal) into optimal chilled WFH playlists

Duderonomy

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I used to play library raers when driving to work.  Adds a bit of drama.  Alan Tew "The Fence" perfect for exiting a busy roundabout.  Felt like prime Dennis Waterman.  

props to Benfica for pulling the ultimate Grip and Flip with Enzo Fernandez
    Duderonomy

Chelsea still kings of the reactive "Quick! Before anyone else gets him!" game.  He has been consistent with Benfica but this is a step up for him.  Looks like Jorginho made way.  Another player who was all set for City until Chelsea did a Chelsea.  Good value for Arsenal.

Sean Dyche > Everton is a good move for Everton.  I see Sean in Nottingham regularly, his family live here and his local is next to the castle.  I guess he's going to be staying up in Liverpool for the foreseeable.  He's a character and players generally are happy to have worked for him, even when he has sold them on.  They criticise his tactical depth but really at Burnley it was always a question of massaging the holes for the pegs they had, rather than buying new pegs. 

I hear Bielsa wanted to start by populating the first team with youth squad players moulded in his tactical image which is why they couldn't agree a deal, as the club wanted a quicker fix.  There is more money at EFC but the problem is the Chairman - I guess that's true at most clubs.  

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    the Frank Lampard of strut commentary, back to manage the forum!

Playing days or management?

So... Manchester Citeh look to be in a spot of hot water with the FA. I've read/heard some say they expect relegation and past titles rescinded. The former sounds possible, the latter is a tricky one, especially for cup trophies: you can't just give the FA Cup to whoever lost in the final because teams Citeh knocked out along the way will be saying they could've got to the final if they'd drawn Spurs instead etc.

skel said:
    Hey PP - long time no speak! Wish I had some interesting news to convey but alas…

Music-R tho I have spent plenty time these last 2 years massaging a large set of library cuts (both mad and banal) into optimal chilled WFH playlists

Good to see you checking in Skel. I was in London briefly last summer but was super busy and never got around to looking you up. Back in europe now, so I expect there'll be opportunities in the future.

So... Manchester Citeh look to be in a spot of hot water with the FA

The FA (as a proxy for the agenda of the Big 4) have hated City since the money came.  If they can't beat City on the field, they'll always look to destabilise the organisation by whatever means possible, starting with ensuring the press pretty much always taking the most negative angle to any City story ("Haaland is a flop after the Charity Shield game, Darwin Nunez is the realest..." "Haaland makes the team worse"... "Haaland wants to move from his nightmare at City" and so on.

Football off the field is the biggest game of Machiavellian threats, shithousery, backhanders and bent deals conducted by all those nice honest billionaires with their fingers in every pie and their dicks in every hole.  Same in every country.

I can't see any of it sticking to be honest.  It's just the next wave of chaff thrown in the face of the inevitable everlasting Blue Moon dynasty.  And if it does, I personally don't care.  It was fun while it lasted.  We were shit before and we'll be shit again.  One thing... Hope the same legal nit comb is applied to the historical dealings of the Chelski and Fergie eras too, for the argument of fairness.   

skel said:

Good to see you checking in Skel. I was in London briefly last summer but was super busy and never got around to looking you up. Back in europe now, so I expect there'll be opportunities in the future.

Yes! Would be great to catch up, it’s been a long minute

Fitbah: Arsenal are keeping the hope alive, but it’s the hope that kills. Was hoping Liverpool would do us a favour this weekend vs Citeh but they’ve not been at it this season. We go to Anfield next week, hope Arshavin’s 4 goals to derail that title charge have been forgotten (I wanted us to lose, he didn’t get the memo).

Jimster: Citeh looking better without Earthling Haaland?

Jimster: Citeh looking better without Earthling Haaland?

"I know who you are. I know what you want.  I don't have mercy, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very short career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let the league go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."

- Haaland

Getting exciting now...  Race to the bottom is most fun, out of all of them I hope Forest survive.  Owner is a scumbag but it will be a big achievement for Steve Cooper with what is, essentially, a team of many new faces that have never played together before this season.

Duderonomy

props to Broehly for putting together an endlessly entertaining side, can't get enough of Chelsea right now.

I remember Steve Cooper from when he starred opposite Dennis Quaid in the sci-fi classic Enemy Mine

Enemy Mine

JimsterDuderonomy

If, IF Chelsea ever win a cup under Broehly you just know this assclown will expect to be the one to lift the trophy in the same vein as NFL owners or maybe he’ll just put on the kit and run around on the pitch. I read that he does regular team-talks in the dressing room: ‘I think what we’re missing is that one of you really needs to hold it’

ppadilhaJimster

I can totally see Broehly expecting to lift a trophy, or at least creeping around the team like Infantino and the sheikh did with Argentina at the World Cup.

ppadilha said:
    I can totally see Broehly expecting to lift a trophy, or at least creeping around the team like Infantino and the sheikh did with Argentina at the World Cup.

Carries with him the air of a man who is used to throwing money and "Do you know who I am?"s about in order to make things happen,  which is probably enough to get him where he is today.  I don't know about his parents but he seems to have had some pretty high-profile jobs in business in his early twenties.  Whereas, the rest of us would be working making their coffee, for free, on an internship.

This might work in corporate USA, but in terms of motivating people who have been millionaires themselves since their teens, not so much.

He's not alone in this respect, but that is the nature of football.  I thought Comrade Abramovich was whimsical, but this lad...

Goddamnit Arsenal officially have the yips. Drawing at Anfield was annoying from 0-2 up, but it happens there. Two more avoidable draws though and I think the league is gone even IF we were to beat Citeh on Wednesday.

On the upside this has been an amazing rollercoaster season. More drama than the last ten combined. We’ve secured champions league for next season and I’m confident Arteta will address the lack of bottle. Should be over the moon. But the missed opportunity feeling is to the fore at the moment.

Can City do Real, doe?  That is the test.

Not that there’s ever a good time for a team to collectively lose form, but Arsenal have chosen a really bad moment to decide to lose their mojo, while the thing with Citeh is the strength in depth: if Phil Foden starts playing shit, bring on Grealish, or Mahrez, or Silva. Not many teams have a second 11 that’s just as strong as the first 11. Pep knows how to shuffle his deck & keep things fresh, which I don’t think is as easy as he makes it look…
    Saka (and others) looking like a player who’s played every minute of every game for the last 3 seasons. Arteta has work to do over the summer. I’m already thinking about next season and hoping Arteta can work out how to keep the intensity we had from August to the World Cup break.

Citeh once again will be deserved champions.

Chelsea only 9 points away from the drop though. Could they? I think Lamps has it in him to lose every match but the other teams need to do their part.
    DuderonomyJimster

I want Lampard to manage Chelsea AND Spurs if possible. Trust the process!

ppadilha said:
    Chelsea only 9 points away from the drop though. Could they? I think Lamps has it in him to lose every match but the other teams need to do their part.

Can you imagine Todd's meltdown?   "But I paid to win!!!"  / "The election was rigged!" / "I demand a replay!" / "COTDAMMIT THIS IS NOT THE AMERICAN WAYYYYyyyy....."

Jimster said:
    ppadilha said:

Can you imagine Todd's meltdown?   "But I paid to win!!!"  / "The election was rigged!" / "I demand a replay!" / "COTDAMMIT THIS IS NOT THE AMERICAN WAYYYYyyyy....."

I like to imagine all the stuffed suits at the EPL having to explain relegation to Broehly.

ppadilha said:
    Jimster said:
    ppadilha said:

I like to imagine all the stuffed suits at the EPL having to explain relegation to Broehly.

Be like that Hitler's bunker scene.

I think City might have just buried the ghost of Real Madrid.  

Only just.

I wasn't celebrating until the final 30 seconds.  This is City, after all.

Duderonomy

I'm always happy when I see Real Madrid get a pasting
    Duderonomy

Congrats to FC Zitto Zampe / Mark Hinxman on the title.  Say hello and collect your virtual gong.  Despite my steadfast refusal to ever field a Un*ted player, I managed to avoid last place thanks to an underperforming scouse team (Doc Mc).

Comiserations to any Leicester, Leeds and Saints fans.  Reality checks always end up useful.  Some good players in those squads, but like the Titanic and Whole Lotta Rosie, no-one is "Too big to go down." *

* I include City and the invisibly elephantine matter of 115 charges v The FA.  Look, if it was one charge, it would be City's problem.  When it's 115 charges, it's the league's problem.  In the words of the late Mac Miller... "It is what it is, 'til it ain't."

Two down, one to go...

Then relegation.
    Duderonomy