New Orleans R&B/Soul/funk collectors out there?

I collect stuff from 50s R&B (even have some Professor Longhair 78s) through the mid-70s funk. Have some rare seconds. Am looking for some rare firsts. Even if you don't want to sell/trade, it'd just be nice to meet fellow fans.
billbradley

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    I have some 60s-80's NOLA funk and soul 45s. I was in NOLA a few weeks ago and bought a bunch of stuff but most of it was given away in a holiday record swap. I do have some spares of some of the Sansu Records produced by Allen Toussaint though. ATG and Tony Owens etc. Most of that stuff I end up keeping.

• Hi Bill. I probably have most of that, but it’s still good to meet you. Did you go to Domino Sound in NOLA? Or Louisiana Music Factory? Euclid Records? I go there every a December to eat myself silly. 

• I've only been to NOLA twice, I don't have any big amount of NO music in my collection though, just a few common favorites. Domino Sound and Euclid were the standouts for me. I just wanted all the Meters 45s finally and they pretty much delivered. Domino had a surprisingly tough reggae selection as I recall too.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Profjmb said:
    Hi Bill. I probably have most of that, but it’s still good to meet you. Did you go to Domino Sound in NOLA? Or Louisiana Music Factory? Euclid Records? I go there every a December to eat myself silly. 

This last trip I went to NOLA Mix, Euclid, Louisiana Music Factory, Silver Lotus, Man Ray, and various antique shops. I normally go to Domino Sound also. We made it to NOLA twice last year. We do the same. Basically go eat good food and shop during the day. 

I've only been to NOLA twice, I don't have any big amount of NO music in my collection though, just a few common favorites. Domino Sound and Euclid were the standouts for me. I just wanted all the Meters 45s finally and they pretty much delivered. Domino had a surprisingly tough reggae selection as I recall too.

Domino Sound has a lot of International records and 50s stuff that most of the other shops don't carry. 

I went to Peaches Record a few years back also but their prices seemed to be higher. They have a huge 12" singles section in the back but it was mostly garbage and has been picked over. I have a feeling those records have been there 25 years. I bought a few things there but my best pickup was a mint Curtis Mayfield - Something To Believe In. 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    In another lifetime, a regular, Funky 16 Corners, posted here. His mixes had different themes, often using New Orleans 45s. He's still at it: 

https://thefaceradio.com/archives/funky-16-corners-with-larry-grogan-2147/

Profjmbminneapklezmer electro-thug beats

• I have learned a lot from "Funky 16 Corners." He has made me spend a fair amount of money based on his recommendations.

• Yep, I just put in an order for[Ernie K Doe's]TE TA TE TA TA[1961]early New Orleans funk!!