Poo Tin

YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
edited February 2022 in Off Topic (NRR)
Hello fellow tumble-weeders. 

This is a very depressing day. Does anyone have the energy for a geopolitical discussion thread?

Just a short question to start this off: Could a targeted assassination deliver some progress for the world?

Duderonomy

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I don't know what I really have to say at this point except: Fuck Putin.

Yemsky, I don't remember where you're based - are you close to the conflict area?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    Hello fellow tumble-weeders. 

This is a very depressing day. Does anyone have the energy for a geopolitical discussion thread?

Just a short question to start this off: Could a targeted assassination deliver some progress for the world?

Never has someone deserved polonium tea more.

Putin has been emboldened by lack of action in the past. He/Russia have consistently broken rules without consequence and Ukraine follows the pattern. London, or Laundry as it’s known to rich Russians, could’ve frozen billions in assets before today but hasn’t because Putin has bought out/bribed/corrupted that democracy. Russian money bankrolled the Tories, swung the Brexit vote and backed Trump. Greed has neutered the West against Russia AND China, we got this thanks to a venal political class.

Danswift

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    No, I am nowhere near tanks, rockets, shelling. 

I’ve been in the UK for the last two decades. Despite having no personal connection to Ukraine or Russia, as a European, it feels near enough though, not just for me, but for family members and colleagues I spoke to in the last 24 hours. What concerns me in my current country of residence is that I get the impression that the majority of British people probably couldn’t care less. It’s in Europe after all…. if you get the warped logic.

Being allowed to use public transport without a piece of cloth on their faces was a more important “Freedom Day” event for them than the loss of freedom of an entire European democracy they probably couldn’t even find on a map. Is anyone apart from a few Ukrainians even in front of the Russian embassy to demonstrate tonight?

I’ve expected this invasion to happen and still it feels surreal. I’ve been in a number of calls yesterday and today to try and assist Ukrainian colleagues to move themselves and their families to Poland or Romania and find accommodation etc. for them. A business partner whose entire programming team sits in Kyiv called to ask for help with the same for his people.

I felt for a long time that Vladimir Vladimirovich should have been taken out though this should neither be compatible with how I wish the world should run nor do I believe it it would solve the problem. It’s probably nothing but a helpless kneejerk reaction to how Russia’s been ruined by him and his gang long before the invasion of Ukraine. I can’t believe I am even reading articles about tactical nuclear weapons with interest rather than with disbelief. 

It’s depressing.

DuderonomyJimster

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    his big table emanates endless small dick energy
    DuderonomyDanswift

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    I’ve expected this invasion to happen and still it feels surreal. I’ve been in a number of calls yesterday and today to try and assist Ukrainian colleagues to move themselves and their families to Poland or Romania and find accommodation etc. for them. A business partner whose entire programming team sits in Kyiv called to ask for help with the same for his people.

Good to see people helping people when things fall apart, and also great to see the counter-protests IN Russia.  

Jimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I see comrade Abramovich has faded back a bit.

I'm guessing Chelsea might now struggle to buy £100M+ players, so every cloud and all that.

Duderonomy

A week ago I was excited to be going back to Europe…

I had a conversation with Mrs Duder: if Putin drops even a tiny Nuke, we’re staying in Quebec.

Still can’t believe that I’m having conversations like that.
    Jimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    What a time to be alive.

ketanDuderonomy

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "Poo Tin basically has four choices: lose early, lose late, lose big or lose small. But those are his only choices." - Thomas Friedman, NYT

• someone should inform thomas friedman what nuclear weapons are

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    i'm not for capital punishment, but the second he started talking about mutual destruction through nuclear weapons i thought that he has to go. remove him like a cancer.

fuck this cunt.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Keep your neighbourhood tidy. 

Duderonomyketan