multi jungle/dnb vibez of all eras (raer-r)

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Did the spacewalking bear make it?
    Or were they sick of him leaving the bastard door open?

Got new setup in the mancave with "Sufficient+" bass... These really knock.

Sivey - Nobody Else

Sivey Remix - 46 Rue du Fort

ketanbillbradley

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

billbradley

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Hey, it's what all the kids are listening to....

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/apr/22/its-just-good-energy-how-tiktok-and-covid-made-drumnbass-hot-again

"“I grew up around soundsystem culture, as half of my family are Jamaican, and I was always drawn to that sound, the drums and the distorted bass,” Nia Archives told an interviewer this year, adding – and any original junglists may want to look away now, lest they feel impossibly ancient – “my nana loves jungle”."

Now that everyone feels like they need a Zimmer frame, I gotta admit - Even someone as hip as me (roooight?), I ain't never done heard of these TikTok D&B'ers.  Man has 'nuff plates to spin.  Anyone else got these acts on their radar?  I mean, who could resist this sales pitch:

"There are emo-seeming types with manga illustrations instead of artist photos, lots of Xs and Vs in their names and song titles that one assumes are tongue-in-cheek: xxtarlit has an online mix called Bad Goth Bitch Music To Cut/Worship Lucifer To."

Duderonomybillbradley

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    LOL. I suppose as a fan of Jungle I should be happy a new generation are breathing life/popularity into the genre, but that it's mainly focused on bullshit tiktok videos is a bit like the first time you hear a once-rare-as-hell funk 45 being played as part of Starbucks' corporately approved in-cafe playlist.

been going back to this one again and again lately
    DuderonomyJimster

Promise has, to me, always sounded like a lighter jazzier version of Vicious. Can't hate on a nice Sade vocal of course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCSexeox8nk&ab_channel=mickeybeam75

ketan

the Sade vibe is  sometimes

let me find out the queen was a junglist raver bitd

Duderonomy

yeah but vicious has so much character to it - classic. 

i didn't love everything i heard but i remember liking a few of those Test records.  what else was good on Test?  i was sort falling away from the massive at that point. 

Yeah, by '98/'99 onwards the DnB scene+sound was leaving me cold and it was harder and harder to find anything I wanted to buy. There's a couple of singles on Valve from this era Dillinja & Lemon D did that I got, and that was it for a looooong time.

I must have posted this back when this thred started but I just came across my copy of this and hadn't heard it in a while.  Wooooo!
    billbradleyDuderonomy

ketan said:
    I must have posted this back when this thred started but I just came across my copy of this and hadn't heard it in a while.  Wooooo!

Remasters on his bandcamp!

ketan

i saw that - the whole Self-Evident Truth... album too!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    ketan said:

I always liked that one too. Over the weekend my wife asked me why I hoard all of the drum and bass records when I rarely listen to them. I told her that because when I want to listen to them I have a library of them to listen to. She still doesn't get it but I'm keeping them all.

Duderonomyketan

It's funny, huh - you can only really listen to drum and bass/etc by yourself, or with the massive.  Other people... not so much. 

Yeah. I mainly play jungle during (solo) Mariokart sessions. Mrs Duder finds it far too hectic.
    :whycry:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    People either love or hate jungle. I grew up listening to industrial breakbeats and then UK hardcore which evolved into jungle and drum and bass. My wife never listened to any of it back then and just does not get into it that much. Maybe I need to play it more and then eventually she'll finally start liking it more.

• I am one of those people - I find a lot of jungle to be pretty boring but ragga jungle where it intersects with reggae samples and such makes for some tracks that I can listen to on hard repeat for like days on end.

Ragga has always been my favorite and why I was so happy to pickup that collection I posted about way back in this thread. And I agree that a lot of jungle can be pretty boring. I think that is why I like the older Amen Break stuff. The producers spent a lot more time chopping up and programing the breaks.

just heard this 12" from a few years ago - big!

Ragga has always been my favorite and why I was so happy to pickup that collection I posted about way back in this thread. And I agree that a lot of jungle can be pretty boring. I think that is why I like the older Amen Break stuff. The producers spent a lot more time chopping up and programing the breaks.

This popped up on the DOA forum, rather nice:

billbradleyppadilhaketan

I bought another drum and bass collection last night. 900-ish (9 boxes) of 12". I glanced at them before buying them but really haven't had a chance to go through them properly yet.
    ketanDuderonomy

You filthy slag.

900 x dead stock singles of Twist ‘Em Out by Dillinja?

You filthy slag.

900 x dead stock singles of Twist ‘Em Out by Dillinja?

I'm going to take photos of the soul and funk records that were mixed in and post them in the finds thread. 

May 2022 was a good month. I bought almost 1800 records total.

DuderonomyJimster

all part of a really great wave in the genre