Pharcyde

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone seen Pharcyde perform in recent years? I have a chance to see them tonight. Weird shit. They're playing at this dive bar in Concord California at a place called Bourbon Street (I think it's called Tommy T's now). Worth checking out?

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Isn't it only like 2 of them from the OG group?

• Saw them last year. Performing songs from the first two albums w/ two rappers =

• I saw them like 4 years ago. There second song was oh shit and they asked someone from the crowd to fill in for whoever was missing and do their verse. They tried 3 different people and none of them knew the words. They walked off the stage and left.

seriously. who knows the words to oh shit by heart?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    yeah it's just Amani and Romeye/Booty Brown now

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i pretty much hate when any group assumes the crowd knows their lyrics by heart. 99.9% of the time they don't.

• Saw them last year. Performing songs from the first two albums w/ two rappers =

I saw them in philly like 2 years ago and it was not a good look.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I caught them about 3 or 4 years ago when they played a free show outside the dorms at Vassar. And Ugly Duckling opened, now that I remember. Definitely entertaining for free, but don't know if I'd pay $$$ just to see Imani and Booty Brown. Now maybe if Tre and Fatlip did a show together, though...

• I opened for them a couple of years back and they were and me too for opening.

• I saw them like 4 years ago. There second song was oh shit and they asked someone from the crowd to fill in for whoever was missing and do their verse. They tried 3 different people and none of them knew the words. They walked off the stage and left.

seriously. who knows the words to oh shit by heart?

I do.

• Anybody know why my Bizzare Ride OG double color vinyl is mixed differently than the later CD version? The CD sounds like shit. I'm gonna ask the engineer. I have his email. Peace.