Lee "Scratch" Perry RIP

I know we got a RIP thread going on somewhere, but I think he deserves his own topic

plaese to appreciate the mad genius

ElectrodeDanswiftketanDuderonomyfoe

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    "War Ina Babylon" gets a lot of rotation.

KPFK's Reggae Central is having a tribute to him right now. Show will be archived in a few days.

https://archive.kpfk.org/index.mob.php?shokey=reggaecent

I saw him at Dub Club a few times a few years ago.

billbradley

• A colossus of music has left us, damn... I wouldn't know where to start with posting tracks, other than maybe chase the devil which is in your War Ina Babylon video anyway. The man's discography is too deep.
    Duderonomy

• DanswiftDanswift U.K. 18 Posts
    RIP .

What a life lived through music though,and the legacy he's left behind is spectacular. 

So long Scratch.. a true visionary and a Jamaican legend. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    we're lucky to have had him RIP

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    ketan said:

I mean, think about the Earth without his contribution and influence.  Apart from your family and friends, it basically sucks.  Tepid at best.  

Danswift

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ketan said:
    ketan said:

I mean, think about the Earth without his contribution and influence.  Apart from your family and friends, it basically sucks.  Tepid at best.  

Deffo less echoey-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y.

I think I like your definition of the earth better than the Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy's definition.

ketan

• Yeah I have tried to convey to more casual reggae listeners that so much of what you like about reggae comes from Lee Perry. Without him things are considerably less dread
    Duderonomy