Just in time for Back to School (TEMPO FOR TOTS VOLUME 2)

rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
edited August 2021 in DJ Talk / Mixes

It's been a minute, but I wanted to share a mix I wrapped up just in time for the new school year.  This is the second installation of a "Children's Funk Mix" series and this time I threw in some hip hop inspired by these samples.  I hope you enjoy listening as much as I did putting it together and hopefully I'll get around to another volume within the year!

STREAM:
https://www.mixcloud.com/rcwinkly/tempo-for-tots-2-another-childrens-funk-mix/

DL:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wz5xfrdoq85ezgf/Hopper_Tempo_For_Tots_2.zip/file

Here's the first installation:

For those that missed Volume 1, here's a link in case you wanted to peep this first edition:
https://www.mixcloud.com/rcwinkly/tempo-for-tots-a-childrens-funk-mix/

ketanDuderonomyDanswift

Comments

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Dude. I LOVE THIS. I can’t imagine how many turd kid records you had to sit through to find these gems. 
    rcwinkly

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    Dude. I LOVE THIS. I can’t imagine how many turd kid records you had to sit through to find these gems. 

Sooooooo many turd kid records but thankfully many of them are $1 since they are generally so beat up...I hope you enjoy the mix!!!

• I was a big fan of Volume 1 so can't wait to check this one out! 
    rcwinkly

I was a big fan of Volume 1 so can't wait to check this one out! 

If you dug volume 1 I'm sure you'll like this one too!  Maybe I'll get a playlist for the soulstrut heads since some listeners may be curious...

• DanswiftDanswift U.K. 18 Posts
    Dope stuff.. digging this! 
    rcwinkly

• Man, "The Point" stuff brought me back to childhood... something I've heard more from the Blackalicious sample than I ever did from the original movie as a kid. Playing this mix for my toddler this afternoon.
    rcwinkly

• dizzybull said:

And yeah, the gruel that must've been involved in making this... does that qualify as emotional labor?

Man, "The Point" stuff brought me back to childhood... something I've heard more from the Blackalicious sample than I ever did from the original movie as a kid. Playing this mix for my toddler this afternoon.

Very cool...I've never seen that movie and actually didn't know that Nilsson album was even based on a movie until I saw a compilation feature "Me and My Arrow".  Sounds like that movie is worth a watch...have you seen it recently or as an adult?

Danswift said:

So glad...share with your friends if you think they'll dig it!  Maybe next volume I'll have to incorporate more UK kids records since I know I'm missing a bunch of those.

Danswift

Here's the approximate playlist:

Danswift

• rcwinkly said:
    Man, "The Point" stuff brought me back to childhood... something I've heard more from the Blackalicious sample than I ever did from the original movie as a kid. Playing this mix for my toddler this afternoon.

Very cool...I've never seen that movie and actually didn't know that Nilsson album was even based on a movie until I saw a compilation feature "Me and My Arrow".  Sounds like that movie is worth a watch...have you seen it recently or as an adult?

I have not seen it since I was a kid, but certain stuff sticks out in my memory for sure. I imagine we rented it because my mom was a huge beatles fiend and we'd watched all the beatles movies as kids (including, insanely, Magical Mystery Tour) and The Point had Ringo in it. The message of the movie stuck with me - not in that cliche "Bowie/The Point movie/the wino in the oleander bushes behind the 7-11 taught me it's OKAY to be WEIRD" way, but just that the message of finding your own way and not having to fit in was pretty easily understood even to my young self. Lots of messages in kids movies blow by you when you're actually young, but The Point did stick with me. Soundtrack surely helped!

• DanswiftDanswift U.K. 18 Posts
    rcwinkly said:

Danswift said:

So glad...share with your friends if you think they'll dig it!  

Yeah. .absolutely!

Sent a link to a few heads I know who'll also appreciate this stuff.

Keep up the good work!