multi jungle/dnb vibez of all eras (raer-r)

Comments

• Download shit from youtube till tha day I die, I don't trust streaming for shit and I can't buy everything I want to hear

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    ^^ yes man 100% even with streaming services, shit still disappears (and i also cant buy everything i want to hear). for the last 10yrs or so i have kept my serato setup mostly hiphop/breaks and so i started to move some house/funkybreaks/D&B/jungle into my setup, i still prefer to mix those genres on vinyl but for simplicity i've gone and downloaded a lot of my tracks to have as mp3's just for my setup, i just don't have the time to convert the vinyl myself.

**i was able to peep that mix, its dope....but.....man so. many. tracks. in 1:30:00 (37 tracks mixed - if i counted right) - its like just as a killer track drops and gets rolling....its over, lol

I was interested in checking the R.I.P (remarcs remix) - that mix is different than the 12" single and is the same mix on the Remarc - Sound Murderer 3xLP album. The "Lightnin and Tunda" Rude and Deadly doesnt get played very long its the (White Label Remix) which is next to impossible to find in the wild, but free to download on "teh u-toobs"

offtopic but on topic a bit, i have heard for years and years about soundclash tapes from the 90's but never heard any, well i fell down a soundcloud rabbit hole the other day and was left mind blown i listened to most of a 2:30:00 set of Addis vs Saxons in Bermuda in 1994 (the soundclash where the "Mash Dem Down" sample was lifted from) fucking hell it was so dope, drop some Amen's/Think breaks over top and "you've got jungle" lol

also THIS dude Owen Palmer remaking Dred Bass by Dead Dred is sick:
    CLONED: Dred Bass by Dead Dred - YouTube

Duderonomyketanbillbradley

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    That cloned video is great. Thanks for sharing.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    watching scarface on drink champs and reminded of this and the other remix goldie and playford did

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Does anyone have any recommendations for Drum 'N Bass on 7"? I know it doesn't make any sense given the style of music to press it on this format, but I'm trying to get a set together. I've scanned a lot of old label catalogues to check for those one or two releases that made it onto 7" and already have a small collection. But any tipps are appreciated!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    I don't remember seeing any Drum and Bass on 7". Some friends in Houston put out a 7" in 1995 that were in the Drum and Bass scene but's it's not Drum and Bass really. It has more of a progressive sound with some breaks.

One of my PMG classics in the genre - Jonny L - I Let U - was released on 10”, in case other smallish records are allowed. 

Some of Krinjah’s early white labels were 10” too

Another friend said that Greensleeves put out some ragga 7" years ago. 

Another friend said that Greensleeves put out some ragga 7" years ago. 

oh yeah, they did a whole set of reissues of ragga jungle 15-odd years ago - didn't know they did some 7"s.

• Reinforced did a 25th Anniversary Box Set with Rufige Cru etc on it. 

Jungle and D&B is just weird on a 45 though.

I bet there are some oddball UK major label jukebox 45's of Pop and RnB that have a D&B remix on them.   

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Yeah, been checking discogs regularly, and yes, it doesn't make sense on 7", but that's the challenge I like :-) still need to get that reinforced box...

billbradley

Not a grail, but 

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ketan said:

That’s not a 7” is it?

No, it's a 10". The Lords of the Null Lines (The Extremely Bootlegged Remixes) is a 10" also.

ketan

Wish I knew what that track is that plays from around 3:45 to 4:42.

this was my joint bitd

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ketanbillbradleyElectrode

Jimster said:

This is so good

Jimster

Jimster said:

This is so good

Yeah, agree - she's from Toronto too (local to me), so I'm sad I missed it.  Sad because it's a sign of me getting old and out of touch.  Maybe one day I'll be hip and happening again like Jimster.

ketan said:
    Jimster said:

This is so good

Yeah, agree - she's from Toronto too (local to me), so I'm sad I missed it.  Sad because it's a sign of me getting old and out of touch.  Maybe one day I'll be hip and happening again like Jimster.

Same. I went to buy a copy of the vinyl and it was sold out. Oh well. 

ketan said:
    Jimster said:

This is so good

She's from London IIRC and then moved to The USA's Davy Crockett Hat™ so she's local to you now .  I'd contact her directly via the so-shill medias.  It's worked for me in the past with other artists who don't walk around like they're bigger than Prince.  Like, I got a private press CD(!) last week from a guy who I have been pestering since 1992 for it.  Just the 30 years.  It is no matter for us immortals.

Speaking of which, it's good to want to be like me, but like Tigger and Highlander, there can be only one.  But Hip and happening lessons available over Skype, 1 Bitcoin p/h.  Bring your own mortgage, wife, kids and grey hairs.

Can we poast wonky/broaken beatz in here too?

Asking for a hip and happening friend.

Jimster said:

The USA's Davy Crockett Hat™ 

Jimster said:
    Can we poast wonky/broaken beatz in here too?

Asking for a hip and happening friend.

sure thing, you old coot!

i'll get us started...

Jimster

a bit more idm