Bicycles

1202122232426»

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Danno: It's outside of an old logging town called Falls City. I'm definitely looking to get back in the next few weeks, it's perfect for a day trip from Portland. Cool trails.

Kool pic from a morning last week. Heading to the local trails: 

Winter's apparently coming, but we're already to November without a storm. Leaves have all changed colors but no wind or rain to knock them down, it's kinda crazy. 

So gorgeous! I'd love to ride those trails.

This is one of my local trails. Part of 70km singletrack network accessed from a trailhead 7 minutes from my apartment and 25 minutes from the heart of Toronto's financial core.

dukeofdelridge

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Can you ride all year round in Toronto? Like, not fat biking on snow but still on dirt? 

There's nothing like rolling back into the city covered in mud. I love it. Grabbing a post-ride beer or burger with dirt on your face, surrounded by adults in street clothes talmbout real estate or whatever. 

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Here's my latest project. A 1987 GT Pro Performer. Everything is original. My friend bought in new in 1987 and has had it in his garage for years. He decided he was never going to do anything with it and gave it to me. Some of the stickers have dings in them. I may end up replacing the stickers but there's something to be said for being all original even if it doesn't look as clean. For now I'm going to completely disassemble everything, clean the surface rust off the frame, and then reassemble everything with fresh grease.
    JimsterdukeofdelridgeDuderonomy

That is a crazy bicycle!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    That is a crazy bicycle!

I can't wait to start doing some old school freestyle tricks on it. My GT Pro is setup for racing and doesn't have the rotor/gyro front so tailwhips and other tricks where the handlebars have to go 360 aren't possible.

Sold my trail bike and my DH bike when COVID hit. Bought an eMTB and became lone wolf ebike warrior, accessing far-away and unused trails with the power of electrons. Ended up doing some unbelievable rides, single greatest bike development since bikes themselves. 

Kids are roasting it on their bikes. 

Bikes still great!

Off IG but had to return to Strut to read about the Biz. 

billbradleyJimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Missed you on IG.  Good to see you back.

I am still biking.  I was diagnosed with heart disease this year (no symptoms, just got checked when my dad passed with the same diagnosis) and they said I should have had a heart attack by now but the veins have kinda done their own bypass.  I put all that down to biking.  Kids watch your cholesterol, liver health is key.  Doesn't matter how much exercise you do, you can't get rid of bad cholesterol.

billbradleyDuderonomy

bro. 
    we're moving to the Central Coast of California, been scoping the trails in what'll be the new area...unreal scenery, the trails are well above average and I haven't even seen all the areas or any off-map shit. Hyped.

I may have to buy a classical bike though, my new monster eeb is big for the terrain...

tons of gravel riding.
    yeah

long live the strut
    Jimster

Dukodelic!!!

Just about warm enough to get out weekend mornings. I did, in olden times, commute in coldest months but got fed up getting throat and sinus infections.  Just not worth it.  

I do get to ride out to the old monastery ruins as they do those obscene flapjacks and mocha to make the juice worth the squeeze.  I don't have an ebike because they are still ridiculously expensive here and ridiculously desirable to thieves with mobile angle grinders.

I got some new brakes for the Bontrager Privateer that need fitting and probably need to recommission my moving parts collection bike for #2 son who is now 14(!) and much taller.  

billbradleydukeofdelridge

Sold my trail bike and my DH bike when COVID hit. Bought an eMTB and became lone wolf ebike warrior, accessing far-away and unused trails with the power of electrons. Ended up doing some unbelievable rides, single greatest bike development since bikes themselves. 

Bikes still great!

Oh man an ebike? That's the like CTI of biking. Real headz are on their custom steel hardtails listening to strata east and crushing.

Duderonomy

Danno3000 said:

Bikes still great!

Oh man an ebike? That's the like CTI of biking. Real headz are on their custom steel hardtails listening to strata east and crushing.

Frame is pre-Soulstrut, xtr crank and crabon (sic) forks and bars make it light AF.  It'll rust through eventually but seems nothing lasts forever

Duderonomy

Jimster said:
    Danno3000 said:

Bikes still great!

Frame is pre-Soulstrut, xtr crank and crabon (sic) forks and bars make it light AF.  It'll rust through eventually but seems nothing lasts forever

Sweet! Throw on some drop bars and and you have yourself a gravel bike!

Danno3000 said:

I don't get on with drops for any length of ride, my back tells me so.  Also, the state of our Nottinghamshire roads is probably akin to [insert warzone here], rendering road bike wheels a bold if not foolish move.

Therefore my stance is more upright - IMPERIOUS IF YOU WILL - and I make the most of the more arboreal stages I have to hand.  Although they are more suited to pigs and Panzers at this time of year.

They "Fixed" this one but just left all the shit next to it...

And some vistas spotted 'pon di trail

billbradleyketanDuderonomy

Jimster said:
    Danno3000 said:

I don't get on with drops for any length of ride, my back tells me so.  Also, the state of our Nottinghamshire roads is probably akin to [insert warzone here], rendering road bike wheels a bold if not foolish move.

Therefore my stance is more upright - IMPERIOUS IF YOU WILL - and I make the most of the more arboreal stages I have to hand.  Although they are more suited to pigs and Panzers at this time of year.

They "Fixed" this one but just left all the shit next to it...

And some vistas spotted 'pon di trail

That's beautiful! I'd love to spend some time riding England. i've only ever spent time in London.