B & S Recordings - 1960/61? - Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.

cuttysharpcuttysharp 61 Posts
edited January 2011 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I know this is a little different than the normal want that pops up here, but I've been looking for this one for a while.
My fiancee is a member of the sorority and would like to add this record to her collection of sorority-related history.

I'm guessing B&S was a private press company? The sorority is historically African American and is pretty large in the South, Gulf Coast, and New York/New Jersey.

Anybody with further information? I'd be willing to pay ~ a c note for it...

Comments

• cuttysharpcuttysharp 61 Posts
    Why not bump?
    ketanklezmer electro-thug beatsppadilha

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    I don't see anything about it online. 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    My Google detective skills have led me to assume that this is Business and Social Recordings, a company out of Suitland, MD, owned by a man named Isaac E. Street. Their only documented release (from 1986) is a Dr. Martin Luther King speech called "The American Dream", made on March 12th, 1961.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

How much are you willing to pay for this now? Haha...

dizzybull

• ketan said:

How much are you willing to pay for this now? Haha...

inflation yo

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Electrode said:
    My Google detective skills have led me to assume that this is Business and Social Recordings, a company out of Suitland, MD, owned by a man named Isaac E. Street. Their only documented release (from 1986) is a Dr. Martin Luther King speech called "The American Dream", made on March 12th, 1961.

How you gonna spend that c-note?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    Electrode said:

A few days' worth of gas and groceries or that Niagara with the tits on the cover. I haven't decided yet.

ketandizzybullklezmer electro-thug beats

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Electrode said:
    dizzybull said:
    Electrode said:

A few days' worth of gas and groceries or that Niagara with the tits on the cover. I haven't decided yet.

If you lived in the east coast I’d say go for the gas. But instead I say go foe the titty. Discogs says a VG+ is going to cost at the very least 200 bucks. 

Electrode

• cuttysharpcuttysharp 61 Posts
    And by "it" I meant the record...

Appreciate the e-detectiving Electrode but IDK...seems like two decades of inactivity between releases might indicate that there was at least two B & S's out there BSing? TBD