New Music / Release Thread

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

ElectrodeJimsterklezmer electro-thug beatsDanswift

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ketan said:
    Anyone else think that Rosalía album is

So another Barcelona connection: girl from the same amateur-dramatics crowd that Ferran (of Rosie-Lee choreography) and a flatmate of mine hung with has launched a music career that is to me a lot better than Rosie-Lee:

https://youtu.be/qyC3LyOFe0Y

https://youtu.be/xgE4TgXBeYQ

ketan

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    highly recommend the new Marcos Resende & Index release by Far Out. Features Rubão Sabino and Oberdan Magalhães of Banda Black Rio fame, with some heavy Azymuth vibes. This was a session that they recorded back in the 70s but never saw the light of day, finally getting a proper release:

ElectrodeJimster

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Just got "Saucy Lady - Delirious" in the mail. The whole album is great.

https://starcreature10000000000000000.bandcamp.com/album/delirious

i've seen ty live a couples of times and he's an incredible musician/sanger. this set kills me.  the band really gets warmed up partway through paranoid.

if anyone in t.o. knows man called warwick from bitd or turning point, he's put out a record by a local artist that is 

seance centre might still have some copies if you can't connect with s*mon locally
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• Rerelease but new to 45 and new to me. 

• Delights at it again - I like this label.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• pretty throwback sample production but I'm unapologetic for liking this stuff

ketanDuderonomy

• this is not my typical vibe at all and I kind of hate the original, the guy just sounds goofy as hell, but this cover version stuck with me after I heard it. even with the breathiest-ass vocals ever, which I normally hate. I dunno, disparate elements I don't like coming together to form something I dig.

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    this is not my typical vibe at all and I kind of hate the original, the guy just sounds goofy as hell, but this cover version stuck with me after I heard it. even with the breathiest-ass vocals ever, which I normally hate. I dunno, disparate elements I don't like coming together to form something I dig.

Like the dj format. That crimson and clover was awful for the reasons you mentioned. I’m surprised you don’t like the original! I rode for the Joan Jett version too. At least I did in the 80s when my family rocked that tape in the minivan. It’s been a while. 

the joy orbison mixtape is illll

• you gotta click the "embed" thing on bandcamp, choose a player size, copy the html, and then on Soulstrut click the < / > button and paste it. then you will be a true SS embed pro like me

ketan

• and that session is a vibe mang nice

• can't embed this but the label kindly leaked me some mp3s of this upcoming cool weirdo library-style 45 and it's good
    https://thenaturalyogurtband.bandcamp.com/album/57-lashes-of-the-mallet-mysterious-planet

can't embed this but the label kindly leaked me some mp3s of this upcoming cool weirdo library-style 45 and it's good
    https://thenaturalyogurtband.bandcamp.com/album/57-lashes-of-the-mallet-mysterious-planet

this is great!  the other 7" is also 

• Yeah man their early Jazzman album is good too, and I have the 13 Moons of Neptune 45 hard filed.

• side A is ye-ye, side B is boogie. if you are the target market for a mix tape called "french boogie and ye-ye" on cassette, this one will do the job with zero fuss.

• anti cop gabber noise

ketan said:

So is that an actual mixtape, or an album of demos and stuff? Ever since rap artists started using the term so egregiously I rarely bother to check things labelled "mixtape" any more.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Southern California Afro-cumbia from these two bands who played last night for the first time after a year and a half hiatus.

ppadilhaFrank

ketan said:

So is that an actual mixtape, or an album of demos and stuff? Ever since rap artists started using the term so egregiously I rarely bother to check things labelled "mixtape" any more.

I get the sense that it's all original music by Joy but across the map and put together more like a rap tape than an album (if that makes sense)

Duderonomy

curious what people think of this i'm a fan of kadhja - she's like a soul music alien. her own production is full of dank character (so to speak) so hearing her over this French adult contemporary downtempo slide is a bit jarring. (good to hear Godin, tho - i just listened back to Walkie Talkie the other day and i still love that album.) this is some classic kadhja outtake bizniz

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Electrode said:
    Southern California Afro-cumbia from these two bands who played last night for the first time after a year and a half hiatus.

This could be a classic Gnonnas Pedro tune. There's something about the production that brushes me the wrong way and the recording sounds the opposite of lively but song and musicianship are top notch.