My Nephew's New EP on Dangerbird

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited October 2020 in Music
If you like 90s lo-fi indie rock like Dinosaur Jr., Hum, Sonic Youth, you should check out my nephew's band Milly.  Their new single just dropped on Dangerbird.

ketanppadilhaElectrodekicks79Beatnick Deebillbradley

Comments

• 4:3 aspect ratio on the music vid... yellow pages in use in the video... nice era appropriate touch

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    the kids in Highland Park these days already dress up like they're in a 90s music video. I bet they keep phone books at home because it's vintage.
    Beatnick Dee

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    They nailed the vibe.

Nice to see baggy clothes back in.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Interesting side note:

My nephew has been a fixture in the east coast indie scene for awhile.  He struck up a relationship with a girl on Instagram who happened to be the daughter of Meegan Hodges (Slash's live in girlfriend).  He ended up out in LA to be with her and was suddenly in the Guns and Roses circle hanging out with Duff and Slash on the regular.  Pretty funny as he just a down to earth kid from Bristol, CT suddenly plugged in with all these Hollywood celebutantes.

I got to meet Slash after a show in NY a couple years a go.  My nephew had the hookup to go backstage into his dressing room after a show at Chelsea Piers.  He bounced after about 5 minutes. 

ppadilha

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    I don’t know how to put this, but your nephew definitely uses cocaine now. 

dizzybull said:
    I don’t know how to put this, but your nephew definitely uses cocaine now. 

He's not the type, but I'm sure the booger sugar has crossed his path many times looking at all these Instahoes that are in his circle.  Slash and Duff are totally sober, though, so not on their watch.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    Nice, maybe he'll write the Patience of shoogaze/noise rock one day.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    I am now looking forward to the day he puts together a supergroup and records a cover of Hunger Strike

I'm Going Hooooongraaaaaaay

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    My dad had connections for good seats and backstage access through his real estate buddies. A girlfriend at the time was really into G&R. Long story short, I met Slash briefly. His only vices now are bottled water and coffee, I guess. Good for him if he quit the idiot powder.

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    Dope song! Def nailed the vibe. Been wanting to find some new rock with that 90's sound like you mentioned @RAJ 
    RAJ

Dope song! Def nailed the vibe. Been wanting to find some new rock with that 90's sound like you mentioned @RAJ 

He shared the rough mixes of a full album's worth of material and it's amazing.  Right now with the state of the industry, they aren't bothering with releasing the official EP until next year.  He's got solid management and a label that's behind him, so I like his chances of breaking out.

New single and video:

EP is finally being released in the beginning of April

dizzybullketanppadilhaBeatnick DeeElectrode