Record amnesia: Exploito/Budget comp on German Europa used for this flyer?

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited February 2021 in Strut Central
I used to spin this türd some 25 years ago but totally drawing a blank... I wonder how many flyers this has been used for, has to be a gazillion

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    'Love Is Blue' 101 Strings comp on Europa

JimsterFrank

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I remember seeing this years back and wondering if it was the inspiration for this...
    Image result for tribe called quest painted girl

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Electrode said:
    'Love Is Blue' 101 Strings comp on Europa

Fantastic! Thanks.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Jimster said:
    I remember seeing this years back and wondering if it was the inspiration for this...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Jimster said:

Pre-internet the Euroa comp was sort of sought after for a while... Europa must have had huge pressings though it was a label that sold more in supermarkets than in record stores. The Tribe cover I always associated with a brief fad of body paint/blacklight live shows by some bands in the late 80s. I forgot who, maybe the chili peppers or some crap like I can't remember, they had dancers too who wore similar stripes, was a big thing in europe. The pose is a variation of the 12" crouch to fold the female anatomy in record format. There has to be an exploito/exotica wall worth of examples of crouching girls with body paint.

not a crouch but great paint

But yes, the Europa record could have had a rep among US diggers at that time... but the good tracks are all from US releases no?

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    This trend coincided with Goldie Hawn painting her body on "Laugh-In" and the movie "The Illustrated Man". 

I don't see many Europa records in the dollar bins here in the States, although there are plenty of MFP / Top Of The Pops LPs with women in miniskirts and boots. Those have been used many times for flyers and mix CDs.

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    The Mariat girl still stimulates me ghoulies

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    The Mariat girl still stimulates me ghoulies

in b/w and some photoshopping I could see her on a Scandinavian Death metal cover. There are a few sickly junkie faces I vaguely remember from some of those exploitos going through the racks as a kid while the parents cruised the frozen food section. I always thought no wonder, this isn't even real music.