Set up placement relative to your height - turntables and mixers related

Hello Strutters - 
For those of you with a 2 turntable + mixer set up, i'm curious how high (or low) you all prefer to have your turntables and mixers set up relative to your height. I've always had mine about belt height. Recently got a new credenza to place them on that raised them up about 6 inches to about the bottom of my sternum height and it feels pretty good so far. Much less squinting at the labels and tracking seems easier. Curious where everyone else has them set and why?  I guess it's kind of the DJ version of how high or low you wear you guitar strap. Are you slinging low like Slash or strapped high like Metheny?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I'm using a credenza also. Mostly so that I can keep all of our electronics and wires all out of sight. My tables are at waist height. I'd like them to be a little higher so that I don't have to crouch over as much but I also have my TV mounted behind them and don't want to mount the TV too high. 

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    I use a husky brand adjustable workbench from Home Depot. I have three of them in my office. I love them. I the one below for turntable and speakers. Then my wife and I both use a shorter one as our desks. 

• My current setup is about 4 inches off the floor in a TV unit, and lemme tell you, it STINKS! Incidentally I also have had a sore lower back for about two months

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Here's what my setup looks like currently. I run everything through the tube preamp on the right down into a Denon AV receiver that sits inside the credenza. The only downside currently is that the receiver gets hot if the door isn't kept open while using it. I'm probably going to wire some in and out fans on the back to keep it cool soon.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    Here's my setup. I'm a short guy.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    I like every element in these pictures but my back hurts from just looking at them. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    Yemsky said:
    I like every element in these pictures but my back hurts from just looking at them. 

I was appreciating what look like herb grinders in the front left of the console, but I think I'm projecting. 

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    In the first picture he posted a few days ago I thought it was a face mask, a tooth brush, a dental mirror and two plexiglas boxes for dentures. 
    ketan