Celebrities diggin in the crates

13»

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Used to see....

Copping common crap metal on cd at the record shows.
    First time was funny cause, I said to myself damn that is one super tall
    pimply hesher.
    Then I took a second look and realized it was Randy Johnson!
    The Big Unit stacks money but still takes the time to get a good deal on a used copy of Pyromania.

Big Unit collected Rush....Tuneup has a good story about him.

I saw Blood gripping prog/metal with a tiny purse-like give away gym bag over his shoulder. Sick mullet though.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Only celeb I ever seen diggin was Alex Dimitriartis (for down under heads....dont think hes hit international fame yet)....... He DJs too.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Only celeb I ever seen diggin was Alex Dimitriartis (for down under heads....dont think hes hit international fame yet)....... He DJs too.

heartbreak high was big in the UK/Europe so maybe.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Saw this posted today and thought of this thread. Aquaman has good taste.

Electrodeketan

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Nice. Good for supporting the locals during these hard times. An original Turner Brothers would be pocket change, but the music is what matters to him.

I heard that Matt Damon is into salsa and I remember that someone posted Steven Seagal at a store back in the day. The kid from "Airplane!", Ross Harris, collects, too.

The only "celebrity" I witnessed shelling out big money for the raer at a local show was David Gest.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    DOR said:
    Saw this posted today and thought of this thread. Aquaman has good taste.

@DOR what was that last one with the clown?

I’ve never seen that before.

Duderonomy

• pinopino 18 Posts
    ^

Looks like: Charlie Mingus - The Clown

Aquaman 
    Duderonomypara11ax

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Elijah Wood was a regular at Tropicalia in Furs in NYC bitd.

Every time he walked in Joel would yell out "FRODO!!!"
    DuderonomyElectrode

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Man... that Turner Bros probably cost him a couple Gs.

pino said:
    ^

Looks like: Charlie Mingus - The Clown

Aquaman 

Thanks homie!

RAJ said:
    Man... that Turner Bros probably cost him a couple Gs.

Yeah, that’s a heavy piece for sure. I don’t know how Aki does it. 

• Are we sure those are OGs?

• I don't have the expertise to answer that but if I were Aquaman I'd buy OGs.
    Duderonomy

Are we sure those are OGs?

@countmacula I’m fairly certain they are. Aki will never sell boots or thrashed records. You might find a second or third Bluenote pressing in his shop, but he’s upfront about that. Cosmos is counted among the best shops in the world because of what you saw in that vid. Aki’s got grails to sell in pristine condition.

ketan

para11ax said:

@countmacula I’m fairly certain they are. Aki will never sell boots or thrashed records. You might find a second or third Bluenote pressing in his shop, but he’s upfront about that. Cosmos is counted among the best shops in the world because of what you saw in that vid. Aki’s got grails to sell in pristine condition.

Yes. It's pretty much a certain. He prides himself on his stores and product.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    DOR said:
    para11ax said:

I would guess that Aki brokered a deal with some one privately that owned the record and took comish.  He probably threw in some signed 8x10s. 

RAJ said:
    DOR said:
    para11ax said:

I would guess that Aki brokered a deal with some one privately that owned the record and took comish.  He probably threw in some signed 8x10s. 

Not that I don't think Aki does that from time to time for some people, but I doubt it for this. He had a personal code he follows pretty strictly. His constant turn over of rare records is extremely impressive. I'd bet he's had Turner Bros come through his shop a number of times.

That said  it’s a COVID world so who knows  

para11axRAJ

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    I don’t know if this counts but Tone Def from Fear of A Black Hat came in the record shop today while I was there. 

I told him I’ve seen that movie 100 times. 

Momoa is still buying. Not just heat, but some really great records overall. I kinda like the idea while filming his AppleTV show. On break he’s flipping through Instagram and he’s just like... “Ohh yeah. You will be mine” and as soon as filming for the day ends, he jumps on his bike and heads right to the record shop. 

• Beatnick DeeBeatnick Dee beatnickdee.com 71 Posts
    I saw Leonardo DiCaprio once at Record Surplus in LA with one of his model chicks. Dude bought a massive stack, apparently it was a lot of Rock. One of the guys working there didn't even recognize him because he was dressed kinda bummy lol