Best way/place to sell TehRaer™ in 2020?

Whats up guys, long time no talk. 2020 mfg and all have left me a little high and dry going into the holidays, wondering if anyone has a recommendation on best way to liquidate some raer nowadays? Ebay, Discogs, other? SS list? 

I put a few things up on Discogs to test the waters and so far first two orders that came in were from EU and already can see this becoming a nightmare.

Anyone on here interested in picking up some bombs at homie rate? 
RAJLoopDreams

Comments

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    *strokes mandatory covid facial hair*

“Convince me I need your records!” He says with a sneer, but quietly so that his wife does not hear. 

——/////—————-
    SlowStrut 2020 is my favorite secret place on the World Wide Web 

• this place reminds me of a the wild west movie set at universal studios where sometimes you see someone walking behind the window of the saloon and your all oh shit and lie to your kids and be like, i just saw brad pitt back there in a cowboy suit

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hey Thus,

I'm always buying and would be interested in what's for sale.  I see you popping up in my Discogs.

Instagram set sails seem to be where it's @ right now.  Set up a new account for selling the raer and announce it to your huge social media following that you are slanging heat rocks. A handful of supportive folks will come out of the woodworks and vinylz should move quickly.

Here's a sample account to see how peeps be doing it:

https://www.instagram.com/ashas_groove/

• Instagram is like feeding salami to piranhas....it's kinda crazy but it's the spot. Discogs is OK though it is a lot slower to sell on.  Ebay is not worth the sweat. 
    4YearGraduate

• @RAJ thanks man, that actually is pretty helpful to see. As I'm getting started here I'm just kind of going through the collection and seeing what's worth what right now, so Discogs is helpful and most of the big titles might need that bigger exposure - but maybe i'll do a combo of the two. In the meantime, if you can, DM me any specific fields you are into or most wanted titles and I can probably part with most anything short of a few of my most cherished pieces. 

I need to raise a certain amount of capital to pay off the OST reissue pressings while i wait for the cogs in the industry wheel to turn and pay me. It's all good though, I've been looking to move some of this to homes that would cherish it more. Ive had a charmed life. 

There is somethjng to be said for the instagram impulse buy. I only go on there once a day or so so I miss a lot of stuff. 

dizzybull said:
    There is somethjng to be said for the instagram impulse buy. I only go on there once a day or so so I miss a lot of stuff. 

Same here until I discovered post notifications.

billbradley

• Alright, I took you alls advice, lets see how this goes lol. Follow https://www.instagram.com/thesone_recordsale/
    ketanFrank

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    @4YearGraduate What is your discogs handle? 

Sweet!

my current likes are soul jazz, French shit, ambient jazz, songs in foreign languages with the word “sex” in the title, slowish disco, CUMBIA sextets, Latin music that’s not too Mexican, bosss nova with fender Rhodes and no sax or bad singing, forwards masking, non Christian records with “Satan” in the title that aren’t heavy metal, things related to voodoo but with not too much pecussion, flutes that are blown really hard (no soft shit), songs in 3/4 that aren’t waltzes, and musicians with Muslim names (pre-1981). And funk 45s I guess. 
    ketanElectrode

DM me your wants list

billbradley

kicks79 said:
    @4YearGraduate What is your discogs handle? 

Thesone-verified

kicks79

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    Sweet!

my current likes are soul jazz, French shit, ambient jazz, songs in foreign languages with the word “sex” in the title, slowish disco, CUMBIA sextets, Latin music that’s not too Mexican, bosss nova with fender Rhodes and no sax or bad singing, forwards masking, non Christian records with “Satan” in the title that aren’t heavy metal, things related to voodoo but with not too much pecussion, flutes that are blown really hard (no soft shit), songs in 3/4 that aren’t waltzes, and musicians with Muslim names (pre-1981). And funk 45s I guess. 

Aw shit, my dad had a comp with just that exact title that went to chudsville last month....

• the OST reissue pressing

man i need to get this! i'd rather order online than dip to the local record spot. i heard there was a reissue coming but missed the release date, cant wait to cop

• dizzybull said:
    Sweet!

same!

I forgot to mention exotic runout grooves, dwarfsploitation, sung word (it’s like spoken word, but different), 78rpm flexi disks, mono versions of stereo demonstration records, skaton (early reggaeton), literal free jazz (where I don’t pay), Jamaican hypnosis, first edition reissues, men in kangols, anything that says “music to _____by”, secular gospel, little beat, anything with exotic punctuation, tambourine breaks, break beats but played with those little brushes instead of drum sticks, anything reissued in 83-87 time frame, tits, picture disks that make creative use of the spindle hole, indirect to disk, gore, trouser jazz, progressive (Prog), regressive (reg), double hyphenated genres (like proto-alt-country), and boogaloo. It’s hard to find boogaloo out here. 

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Whats up guys, long time no talk. 2020 mfg and all have left me a little high and dry going into the holidays, wondering if anyone has a recommendation on best way to liquidate some raer nowadays? Ebay, Discogs, other? SS list? 

I put a few things up on Discogs to test the waters and so far first two orders that came in were from EU and already can see this becoming a nightmare.

Anyone on here interested in picking up some bombs at homie rate? 

The sales forums here and over at Waxi might be worthwhile but I think Waxi doesn't like sellers who don't participate in the general discurs.

I've always been a fan of store consignment. Superfly in Paris are good, easy and friendly to deal with. Berlin stores are crap right now and everybody is broke as far as I hear. A friend and I used to sell Rear through Disk Union but Japan has gone bad with the economic slump and a sad exchange rate.

https://www.instagram.com/recordcitybk/ works out great for me.

Discogs is a sweltering garbage burn for for over-graded, skated backpacker gear and a bottomless dollar store dump for the medium common or lower wall pieces from yesteryear. Discogs' sales history is all distorted by tons of F/P garbage sold at garbage prices but graded as VG. But maybe that's just with African.

Social media might be a killing field for flipping clean grails but since sm is all geared towards connecting people who don't know each other in the real world I wouldn't have the needed trust in humanity to go that way.

Generally I would never ship valuable records to people I don't personally know without having the cash first. With all these online sales platforms having conditioned everybody to use Paypal or Credit cards (don't even have accounts for this shit) the good old money order has become a 90s thing most young djs/collectors have never even used before.

Personally I'd always chose stores. I do feel like there might be great potential for fresh brick and mortar shops in the post Covid world, perhaps in some emerging nations that might get a kick start soon.

A lot of shit is going to be changing in 2021. Perhaps hold your breath a little while longer and some more rewarding paths for letting go of teh TrülyRär™ might reveal themselves. You can only sell a record once.

RAJketanklezmer electro-thug beats

Is there a way to share or export a discogs want list?
    edit: Im queued up to export as a csv file *eye roll*. Just export. You are a computer. My want list is nowhere as girthy as raj’s. 

Waits for Thes to post raer.

dizzybull

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    @RAJ thanks man, that actually is pretty helpful to see. As I'm getting started here I'm just kind of going through the collection and seeing what's worth what right now, so Discogs is helpful and most of the big titles might need that bigger exposure - but maybe i'll do a combo of the two. In the meantime, if you can, DM me any specific fields you are into or most wanted titles and I can probably part with most anything short of a few of my most cherished pieces. 

I need to raise a certain amount of capital to pay off the OST reissue pressings while i wait for the cogs in the industry wheel to turn and pay me. It's all good though, I've been looking to move some of this to homes that would cherish it more. Ive had a charmed life. 

Where is the best place to buy the OST reissue? I'd like you to get the returns on that versus some flipper.

• @RAJ thanks man, that actually is pretty helpful to see. As I'm getting started here I'm just kind of going through the collection and seeing what's worth what right now, so Discogs is helpful and most of the big titles might need that bigger exposure - but maybe i'll do a combo of the two. In the meantime, if you can, DM me any specific fields you are into or most wanted titles and I can probably part with most anything short of a few of my most cherished pieces. 

Where is the best place to buy the OST reissue? I'd like you to get the returns on that versus some flipper.

Tbh, any retailer is fine right now - as long is you are paying the recommended retail price and not something too inflated.

OK thanks Thes. I ordered a copy from Fat Beats this morning.