vintage 1988 (hip hop / rb) radio broadcast mp3

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
http://www.grafwritah.com/beats/WZAK%2093.1%20Cleveland%20Broadcasts%20circa%201988%20-%20grafwritah_com.mp3

Don't get too excited, folls, it's no full broadcast of Live at Union Square or anything. I dug up a tape I recorded of some stuff off WZAK 93.1 in Cleveland back when it still played hip hop, around 1988. Unfortunately for Paychizzle it's radio hits, but still vintage hip hop / R&B nonetheless. I know some of you like to close your eyes and pretend it's the days of hifes and Cross Colours so this should do it for you.

have fun.

Comments

• Cross Colors wasn't out yet but thanks, hommie. I'll check it out.

• Sir Mixalot , I'm lovin it already.

• Cross Colors wasn't out yet but thanks, hommie. I'll check it out.

ok, Karl Kani

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Cross Colors wasn't out yet but thanks, hommie. I'll check it out.

ok, Karl Kani

More like:

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Sir Mixalot , I'm lovin it already.

just heard "baby got back" on the local clearchannel new hits station. seemed odd.

• Yeah but his first album was funny. What was that song with the proto quasimoto style? Biscuits and Gravy?

• I wanna rock witcha baby...all night long
    I wanna roll witcha lady...feelin' so strong

• Yeah but his first album was funny. What was that song with the proto quasimoto style? Biscuits and Gravy?

With the Square Dance Rap. Those are Kid Sensation by the way (pre Quas Shitz....)

• I wanna rock witcha baby...all night long
    I wanna roll witcha lady...feelin' so strong

I knew somebody appreciated this shit. ;P

Buttermilk Biscuits is the track.

Gold was my joint cause they called out my hometown - "...headed to the Napa Valley..."