Discogs

2»

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    RAJ said:

eBay is so fucking dead.  I have an app that searches wants on a daily basis and it's the same overpriced fixed priced bullshit day in and day out.  If there happens to be a live auction, not a BIN, it's carolinasoul / paperstax / funkyou where shit goes massively overpriced.

Always wondered why this was. Pride of purchase? Reliability? Pure volume/always selling? Always see records go for 3-5 times what they usually do from those ebay sellers. I have won the occasional deal from them, however with some gospel stuff. 

These sellers consistently sell themed auctions with incredible records, do consignment deals for insanely rare shit and established a following via email. Lots of eyes on these auctions means more $$$. Also remember, it only takes two deep pocketed people in an auction style environment to skew the price. That said, agreed, you can get deals there too. But more eyes means more $$$ generally speaking. 

I've been very active on discogs for years now and my wantlist is over 7000. It's not good haha. Very hard to get deals these days. I try to price to move selling stuff on my personal account. 

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    The positive is seeing user feedback and being able to buy now. Had a ebay purchase listed as VG+ show up with split seams and un audible record in a manilla envelope. I like the ability to analyze what something has sold for and buy it rather then the auction style bay. Been losing to snipers frequently, it's fun like gambling. Maybe I need a app to compete. Echo the sediments on Carolina soul etc auctions going nuts. Hats off those sellers have a good thing going. Selling on discogs is cool for the most part. Buyers can be a little funny, a few try to the old partial refund scam. My gripes are people listing stuff too high. Tried to buy a 45 off some guy on offer up and he was down.. Until he googled it seen someone listed for $2,500. Wayyyy higher than it had ever sold for before. Guess people do that on ebay too. I'd say discogs can be a good indicator of what things are going for but it's not the end all be all. 

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    https://gripsweat.com/ is good for checking what things have sold for on ebay.
    Yemsky

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts

Jesus, that's huge.  I got a tiny one compared to you.  I want to see yours.

billbradley

I just found my new profile pic on discogs!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    dizzybull said:

Jesus, that's huge.  I got a tiny one compared to you.  I want to see yours.

It can fill up quickly if you take into effect multiple-pressings. I have a huge list of unattainables as well.... one can dream.

sticky_dojah

• dude I'd never let another man see my list... hella sus. 

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    “List Envy” 

Listicles. 

I love the usernames. I want to see if I can come up with the ultimate worst. Like CrateExpectations. AlexanderTheCrate. 

CrateScott!!!

TheCrateWallOfVinyl

Or Rekky Recordo. 
    sticky_dojah

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    Listicles. 

I love the usernames. I want to see if I can come up with the ultimate worst. Like CrateExpectations. AlexanderTheCrate. 

CrateScott!!!

TheCrateWallOfVinyl

Or Rekky Recordo. 

how about 99crates? Has anyone thought of that one?

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    dizzybull said:
    Listicles. 

CrateScott!!!

TheCrateWallOfVinyl

Or Rekky Recordo. 

how about 99crates? Has anyone thought of that one?

LOL! I remember that.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    My first sale on Discogs was to a buyer in Tokyo. It took 39 days for the record to be delivered. I was happy to see it finally arrived today.