L. Dula’s Magic Record - Only The Needle Knows / The Gaff & Factor - The Trip Beyond

Hi Soulstrut community,

I'm wondering if someone form the Soulstrut community can help identifying the artist/band of the track I found in two outstanding mixes

L Dula - L. Dula’s Magic Record (2009) at 44:34 min

L Dula - L Dulas Magic Record
https://www.soulstrut.com/Mixes/l-dula-l.-dulas-magic-record

The Gaff & Factor - The Trip Beyond (2010) at 45:41 min

The Gaff  Factor - The Trip Beyond

here is the sound clip: http://chirb.it/O2gpNd

it has also been sampled in the following songs/tacks

Kose - Acqua Sacra

Lipson - 90% ft. Zibbster (prod. Samplospawacz)

Many thanks in advance and kind regards

DStrangelove

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    ZaDougDStrangelove

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    It sounds like While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I mean, it is exactly the same tune, right?
    ketan

• Dear Electrode, thousand thanks for your help. Very impressive, you seem to know everything! Kind regards and stay healthy! ☺️

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    It sounds like While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I mean, it is exactly the same tune, right?

that was my first thought too, I had to listen closely to the lyrics to realize it wasn't a cover

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Dear Electrode, thousand thanks for your help. Very impressive, you seem to know everything! Kind regards and stay healthy! ☺️

You're very welcome. But I'm not that smart. My aunt gave me some records from her teen years and the "Butterfly" LP was one of them. Both the WMGGW/'Windmills Of Your Mind' similarity and the synth solos stuck. And a lyric search confirmed it. It's a common record here, being on A&M. 

DStrangelove

• Dear Electrode, don't sell yourself short. I had two requests and you provided in both cases the solution. In former times I spent quite a lot time and money in record stores and flea markets, but I neither knew Cheryl Dilcher nor the 2nd Chapter Of Acts, I even cannot recall I have seen the records in the crates. Anyhow, I have now bought them via discogs. So thanks again for your help.

Listening to The Gaff & Factor - The Trip Beyond (2010) I discovered some real nice stuff (at least for me), I didn`t know before:

Bonnie Dobson - Bonnie Dobson (1969)

Dianne Davidson - I Can't Help but Wonder (1971)

Thornton, Fradkin & Unger And The Big Band - Oh Woman (1974)