SAULT

dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
I was just put up on this... In particular the song Wildfires is on constant repeat.  Soulstrut Friendly Music.

What else out there is good?

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Wildfires is on their album from this year, but they dropped two very solid albums last year: 5 and 7.  Some chatter about them on here elsewhere.  5 is a great statement of intent, but I think I like 7 more as an album.  Smile and Go, and Red Lights off that were on repeat for a while with me.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    Sault is dope.

I have to say though, I didn't cop the vinyl and have seriously slowed down on new releases because the cost these days is silly. $15-$20 for a 7"?!?...and that's before shipping?? pfffft. 

I love records, but with current prices, I'm feeling the pull to sell most of the collectron and embrace digital.
    Duderonomy

• As a semi-regular new 45 buyer I've never seen a price like that, god damn. $10 maybe. Most of what I get is $7-10. Makes me glad I have transitioned some music spending to digital, especially on those days where bandcamp waives their cut. I'd never completely cut out vinyl though...
    para11ax

• Rise is their best to date. Crazy prolific. And so nice to hear something like this attuned to the moment.  Not like the middling revivalism of the jazz is dead releases. Rise is what the new Roy ayers should have been. 

Gbp 25 for the vinyl though? With shipping that would be like cad 60 for a new release. I'll stick with wav files.

Yeah, I also balked at these two recent ones because of the price tag :we sound poor:

• ketan said:
    Yeah, I also balked at these two recent ones because of the price tag :we sound poor:

It's a pretty dubious value proposition to spend $60 on a record no matter how much cash you've got. Especially when the process hasn't been analog through, which I expect is case the with Sault. I don't need something tangible that badly. 

Esp with the last one (earlier this year), the vinyls (sic) were selling out really quick, and I wasn't about to spend that much on an album that I might not love after a few more listens. 

But yeah, just copped the wavs for Rise on the strength

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Cosmo put me on. Really liked everything I've heard so far.  Haven't had a chance to dive into the new one yet. I woke up early yesterday and impulsively coped 2 copies of each LP. I'm not made at the cost but the International shipping cost killed me. Figured I'd grab cause paypal $ doesn't feel real