Comments

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts
    My dentist would calm me down immediately with anesthesia

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I just learned after all these years that these guys are Brazilian

Version of Gil's catchy theme from the childrens TV show:

More Brazilian reggae from the lead singer of Grupo Karetas. This song resonates with those from the north.

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts
    “You are a bird when you play this thing“

klezmer electro-thug beatsElectrode

I've never seen this! More detailed than, for example, Tommy Igoe's DVD breakdown of Brazilian rhythms. Or that Chevron record. I learned a lot here.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Bonus points for the young George Costanza asking all the questions
    Duderonomybillbradley

• That is a seriously  video, god damn

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts
    Here is the drum instructional video with Airto. Some video sequences are already in the percussion instructional video.
    klezmer electro-thug beats

Edu Lobo in the studio recording Vento Bravo (the 1st track off his best LP) with an increasingly drunk and belligerent Tom Jobim

ElectroderoistoK_BLNYemsky

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts
    Master Moacir Santos at work. Some of his students: Paulo Moura, Oscar Castro-Neves, Baden Powell, Maurício Einhorn, Geraldo Vespar, Bola Sete, Sérgio Mendes, Dom Um Romão, João Donato, Roberto Menescal, Carlos Lyra, Dori Caymmi, Airto Moreira and Flora Purim.
    < >
    ppadilhaJimster

DJ Nuts

klezmer electro-thug beatsElectrode

• DJ Nuts lives! Haven't heard anything from him in ages. Nice

DJ Nuts lives! Haven't heard anything from him in ages. Nice

he has a weekly night in São Paulo in this bar that's basically the local DJ/cratedigger hangout, it's pretty cool. This set is part of a whole series of videos on his buddy Marcelo D2's Twitch channel, where he's basically broadcasting the whole production process on his new album. Considering D2 is one of the top MCs/producers in Brazil, it's essentially a line-up of every top MC and beat maker right now.

• Love that Sinal Vermelho track 14 minutes in. Also the weird cover of Toni Tornado Me Libertei. Nuts brings the goods

Love that Sinal Vermelho track 14 minutes in. Also the weird cover of Toni Tornado Me Libertei. Nuts brings the goods

for some reason they uploaded 2 mixes by Nuts with the exact same name, but they're different. I think you watched the one that's more like his standard set these days, the one I posted above is a set of tr00 afro-brazilian religious music

• Oh true, I watched 15 minutes of it here and then searched it out on my tablet and yeah, that's what happened - the other mix is more than an hour long so I don't know how I didn't notice.

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts
    ppadilha

• K_BLNK_BLN 49 Posts
    MPB

Electrodeklezmer electro-thug beats

get your vintage Jorge Ben on:

dude just struts around an auditorium with what must be the world's longest mic cable:

with Trio Mocotó, featuring Escovão shredding it on the cuíca (where's the shredding it emoji?):

ElectrodeJimsterfoeklezmer electro-thug beats

^The YT algorithm from watching those led to me to this one:

Nana Vasconcelos' "Sinfonia & Batuques" was on my long drive playlist as well and I saw this berimbau solo from his '73 record

Jorge Ben jammin' on Spanish TV in 1975, as he was transitioning from his acoustic to electric sound

Electrodeklezmer electro-thug beats

(I look forward to seeing her in November)

(Joao Bosco. 40 minute show)

(Selected for the goofy fun factor, but Ed Motta, Tim Maia's nephew, still stands on his own as a great musician)

(Revisiting some of these NB videos because songs on their first two LPs are sometimes part of discussions with my teacher)

Electrode

Forró made me appreciate the skill it takes to play the accordion.

someone gave my daughter a little toy accordion and I never realized how hard that thing is to play. At least the toy one you really have to keep it moving just to get the notes out, I don't even know how you get those rhythms going.

• I thought the same till I tried a full size one - they are much smoother and easier to get a tone out. But like with any instrument, these virtuosos make it look way easier than it is. Hell there are accordions that are button-only on both sides, no piano keys. Those button matrices have redundant/repeated notes on them so you don't have to overextend your fingers to hit the notes you need, but it sure makes for a head-scratcher when you try it for the first time.