Arrests in unsolved murder of Jam Master Jay

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited August 2020 in Strut Central
https://abc7ny.com/6374271/

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Federal prosecutors on Monday will announce the indictment of two men in the 2002 unsolved murder of Jam Master Jay, the D.J. for the rap group Run-DMC.

Jason Mizell was murdered in Hollis, Queens October 30, 2002, shot at point-blank range with a .40-caliber handgun.

Mizell, known professionally as Jam Master Jay, was a member of 1980s hip-hop sensation Run-DMC, behind hits such as "It's Tricky" and the Aerosmith remake collaboration "Walk This Way."

The 37-year-old Jay was shot once in the head by a masked assailant, police said at the time. He left behind a wife and three children.

Federal prosecutors in Brooklyn and the NYPD planned an afternoon news conference to announce the charges.

Ronald Washington and Karl Jordan, Jr., were indicted on charges of murder, officials said.

The 36-year-old Jordan was taken into custody on Sunday. Washington, 56, was already in federal prison serving time for a robbery conviction.

Comments

• I mean, good, if they did it, but what on earth happened in this investigation to take 18 years to do this? Jailhouse confession or something? 

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I mean, good, if they did it, but what on earth happened in this investigation to take 18 years to do this? Jailhouse confession or something? 

No idea. Now if we can solve Biggie and Tupac's murders that would be great also.

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    GOOD! Never too late.

GJ

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Jesus.  Jam Master Jay was only 36?? I'm 44 and JMJ was always older than me and I'm suddenly realizing I've outlived him.... 
    Duderonomy

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    man i cant believe it took this long.... the wifey messaged me the day it hit the news and told me they charged two people, i couldn't believe it.

i 100% cosign with BillBradley on the Biggie and Tupac murders

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Tupac is most likely— “solved.” But the dude himself got snuffed, from what I understand.

GJ

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Watch enough DJVlad videos and you can really get an idea of a lot of backstories and what probably happen.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    DOR said:
    Watch enough DJVlad videos and you can really get an idea of a lot of backstories and what probably happen.

^^ man holy fuck the vid i watched with MCSerch was nuts (crazy shit about BushwickBill and some crazy shit about Hammer trying to get them killed after they dissed him on TheCactusAlbum), the TooShort interview was dope and i saw most of the Spice1 interview as well...i dont overly like that VLAD dude he seems like hes just looking for dirt or shit to dig up on people by asking questions to put people on the spot

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DOR said:

^^ man holy fuck the vid i watched with MCSerch was nuts (crazy shit about BushwickBill and some crazy shit about Hammer trying to get them killed after they dissed him on TheCactusAlbum), the TooShort interview was dope and i saw most of the Spice1 interview as well...i dont overly like that VLAD dude he seems like hes just looking for dirt or shit to dig up on people by asking questions to put people on the spot

For West Coast, gangster, etc etc etc. He has many many interviews with a lot of people in the know back then. It's a giant rabbit hole... People like Keefe D, Mob James, Boosie, E.D.I. Mean, and so on and so on. I'm surprised by how much people speak on things.