Just procured a Raer Vinyl Item

Still out here buying shit. OG first press gatefold Minoru Muraoka "Bamboo" like it's 2004 AEIOU2. Are people still buying stuff? Anything interesting?
DuderonomystaxwaxbillbradleyRAJJimsterElectrode

Comments

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Nice. Still buying stuff too. Discogs mostly. Ive been copping recent OG stuff from labels too - loving that new El Michels Affair Adult Themes, got the Dolemite Is My Name ost and also picked up  cold diamond and mink this love instrumentals which I think is excellent. Copping a lot of indie rap too from alchemists bandcamp, vanderslice new joint, daupe drops and the like. they sell out quickly and get resold for a lot. The Purist who runs Daupe used to post here. Some of those griselda records demand very high prices now, like westside gunns Flygod which sells for funny money now.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Once tha rona hit I started buying up boogie raers on ebay and discogs but have slowed down over the past month as I've refocused my energy on restoring an old VW camper bus.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    billbradley said:I've refocused my energy on restoring an old VW camper bus.

I found a nice little leather armchair in the street which I've been restoring:

billbradleyJimsterElectrode

• That is NOT a raer vinyl item, it's clearly leather

that said, I have long dreamed of upping my skills in furniture and making myself a 60s percival lafer style monstrosity. I wanna know who is making knockoffs of semi-obscure brazilian midcentury modern heat because these suckers go for like 5 grand:

Duderonomy

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i have had more work than ever with half the time to do it (homeschooling every morning), so I haven't been buying much except some new stuff i can click at online.  but the shops are opening up again and school is almost over - perfect storm (w/ mask of course). 

and i've been listening to a lot of stuff at home that i haven't pulled out in years, so that's a plus.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

That's awesome. We did the upholstery ourselves in the VW. I've never done any upholstery before.

That is NOT a raer vinyl item, it's clearly leather

that said, I have long dreamed of upping my skills in furniture and making myself a 60s percival lafer style monstrosity. I wanna know who is making knockoffs of semi-obscure brazilian midcentury modern heat because these suckers go for like 5 grand:

Those are really nice. In my brief searches I saw one guy found one for $10 on the side of the road and then ended up getting it for free. What a score.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    I’m still buying, but I’ve slowed down a lot.

I keep thinking about selling it all off, TTs as well, and going straight digital. The price of new vinyl + shipping is getting so stupid. I went to cop an LP and a 45 off Juno, and it was like $50ish ... fusk that. 

Tons of dope mp3s/WAVs on bandcamp for like a buck or two. 
    Duderonomy

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Some recent online purchases and real-life digs:

Don Cherry: Brown Rice on EMI
    Philip Glass: Solo Piano
    Furry Lewis: In His Prime 1927–28 on Yazoo
    Sonny Rollins: Saxophone Colossus on Prestige OG mono

Electrode

para11ax said:
    I’m still buying, but I’ve slowed down a lot.

I keep thinking about selling it all off, TTs as well, and going straight digital. The price of new vinyl + shipping is getting so stupid. I went to cop an LP and a 45 off Juno, and it was like $50ish ... fusk that. 

Tons of dope mp3s/WAVs on bandcamp for like a buck or two. 

Moving to digital has been a godsend for me. 2 international relocates in 6 years, plus more on the horizon... there’s no way I could’ve dragged my records around with me.

In terms of new releases, it seems that more and more artists & labels do a digital release. Bandcamp is great, soundcloud is my record store, and slsk my plan B/older stuff resource.

Since the ‘rona, loads of tunes have come out from artists that probably would’ve spent the summer months touring. I struggle to keep up.

But when I dream of music, it’s records I’m discovering, not WAV files  

para11ax

That's awesome. We did the upholstery ourselves in the VW. I've never done any upholstery before.

A dude I know from Oxford did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMcYnjCaSLM&pp=qAMBugMGCgJhchAB 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMcYnjCaSLM&pp=qAMBugMGCgJhchAB

That's pretty cool. My bus is a Westfalia conversion. Westfalia did some Sprinter Vans years back also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7E7I_s0uZs

A few of my favorite buys from the past 6 months. Sealed Pucho, really clean Nick Mathis, EW&F, and James Ray, plus 1,000 old country records.

ketanroistoRAJElectrode

plus 1,000 old country records.

I was more jealous of your jungle collection score to be honest.

• That is NOT a raer vinyl item, it's clearly leather

Those are really nice. In my brief searches I saw one guy found one for $10 on the side of the road and then ended up getting it for free. What a score.

I wish you hadn't shared that information with me. Damn. 

The jungle collection was definitely one of the better hauls I've gotten.

The jungle collection was definitely one of the better hauls I've gotten.

Reading down the list was pure

Country for resale?

Country for resale?

Yes, eventually I'll probably be bringing it to the Austin Record Convention. I have so much stock right now that it probably won't be at the next show though. 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Finds from the past couple of months: a thrift store, a record store near my brother's new place that recently reopened on a limited basis and online. Since the swap meet has been closed, its been slim. 

roistobillbradley