Mr. Big Stuffs

If somebody had Mr. Big Stuff stuck in their head for a week straight, and decided that the only way to rid his mind of that classic song was to make a mix of every listenably decent cover, knock-off and version of that very song, what versions, mis-titled ripoffs and so on would you suggest he include?

I've got like four reggae versions, a couple of instrumentals with a different song title, probably around a dozen overall. I wonder if I've missed any crucial versions - who can throw out some?

A consequence of this is that I start convincing myself that stuff like "Express Yourself" is just a Mr. Big Stuff version despite pre-dating it. I start seeing Mr. Big Stuff everywhere. I'm not well

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Who do you think you are?
    Yemsky

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Sister Big Stuff

How about you just list what you got and we can fill in the blanks. 

Sister Hot Pants 

Funky Booty

I'm Mr. Big Stuff

Set us free - Mister Bigstuff

I'm too tough for Me. Bigstuff

Big Stuff

Queen Big Stuff

Heavy Big Stuff

Mr. Big Dick

Sista Big Butt

- spidey
    DuderonomyElectrodeJimsterklezmer electro-thug beats

• I wish I was the guy on the LP cover

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Another reggae version:

One from India several years ago:

One from France 20 years ago:

Lyn Collins:

There's also one on here (no audio):

https://www.discogs.com/Dan-Hill-Dan-Hill-His-Mini-Korg-700-Synthesizer/release/8400980
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• Oh shit!! The strut delivers. Sorry I should've posted up the tracklist!

So far I have John Holt, Prince Buster, Tomorrow's Children, and Danny Raymond on the reggae front.

Instrumentals - got Hustlers Brass Band, Reuben Wilson, Jimmy Hicks, Washrag, James Young "Funky Booty" and of course the Poets of Rhythm - I opened my organ burners thread with that track!

Raps, I have Latifah but not Heavy D. Too 80s for my taste. That said I might sneak in the T-Ski, good shout! And maybe the first 10 seconds of Schoolly. Also got a 2009 track by a german DJ "Da Wiesel" wherein somebody raps, and kinda has a nice, odd flow, but basically never rhymes. It's weird. I can't find it online now, but it's called "I gonna give it to ya".

I have Lyn in there as well of course, and I was gonna end it with Wardell Quezergue's band's version in honor of his arrangement of the original. I'll definitely be adding Sister Hot Pants and maybe Vicki Anderson too. Hell yeah!

So basically, you guys have posted loads I didn't have. Sista Big Butt is hysterical, as is Electrode's franglais version. Indian Ska I would never have known...

And that Dan Hill... a mid 70s synth version of this song is EXACTLY why I embarked on this fool's errand. I gotta find that shit. This mix is going to be UNLISTENABLE to anyone except me.

Thanks D***o! Thanks Electrode!

Danny Raymond:

Buster:

Hustlers brass band:

James Young Blues Band/Housewreckers:

Quezergue the god:

Washrag:

Electrode

• My god if you want gruel, try this exercise with some big hit that's been widely covered... search it in Spotify and scroll down, down, down, down until you're in gruel territory, this is struggle spotify, real sadness hearing these doggshit attempts... "smooth jazz allstars" version of mr big stuff will harden your arteries so quick... somebody finish me

Found another, this one from Greece by Christina & The Sounds. She butchers the lyrics!

klezmer electro-thug beats

• oh man that's awesome, I love shit like that. that one's going in.

• you know I had to get some hammond in

Electrode

My god if you want gruel, try this exercise with some big hit that's been widely covered... search it in Spotify and scroll down, down, down, down until you're in gruel territory, this is struggle spotify, real sadness hearing these doggshit attempts... "smooth jazz allstars" version of mr big stuff will harden your arteries so quick... somebody finish me

I'll just leave these here

ketan

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Hittman going in

• korean rockabilly girl group

Duderonomy