Turning 45/s

I'm making an all 45 mix for my 45th birthday in a few weeks and I was hoping you fellow diggers could drop some titles that I could possibly include.  I already have plenty of material, but I'm sure I'm overlooking some serious gems that you might kindly remind about.  Let me know if you have some ideas or just simply tell me some of your favorite 45 tracks!  I'm trying to stick with old stuff so no hip hop or electronica, but modern jazz/funk/soul is all good.

Here's one of mine to get things started:

ketanElectrode

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

Uploader recorded with interference hum, unfortunately
    rcwinkly

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    Electrode said:

This is exactly why I asked because I passed this one on my initial comb through not remembering what it was...time to go back and dig it out!!!

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Electrode said:

'trade.....

What's good man?  I guess your national park trip has been shitcanned.  That sucks.

Hey Diz! Everything's well for me. The trip was merely postponed. I'm hoping for late summer. I'm currently watching the documentary "National Parks: America's Best Idea" to hold me over until then. Other stuff: work, shipping for a small local company, is busy. I was in the last semester, but it looks like classes are cancelled until fall (can't do welding online) Just been staying home for the most part doing stuff like cooking exotic meals and reading history-related books. Hope everything is happy and healthy with the family.

• Don't know what your focus is on this and your 45 knowledge most probably exceeds mine, but I love this sloppy garage track from Whittier

Electrode

• GivemesoulGivemesoul 146 Posts
    Outside Woman-Bloodstone..Hurt So Good-Millie Jackson..Tears-Force MD'S..You Want It You Got It-Detroit Emeralds.

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    Thanks for those recs!

I was going through my singles last night and was reminded of these two:

Double sider from this pre-MFSB group

"Slippin' Into Darkness" inspired tune on the famous Money label from Los Angeles.