Help me complete my Zodiac label 45 collection.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited September 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
It's not a exactly a baller label, but I love it more than most. I just can't seem to find the missing #s in good condition.

Thanks in advance. I love you all.

1001 - Ruby Andrews - Let's Get A Groove Going On / Part 2
1002 - ?
1003??- Ruby Andrews - I Just Can't Get Enough / Johnny's Gone Away
S>1004 - Ruby Andrews - Casanova (Your Playing Days Are Over) / I Just Don't Believe It/S>
1005 - The Creations - Footsteps / A Dream
S>1006 - Ruby Andrews - Hey Boy (Take A Chance On Love) / Come To Me/S>
S>1007 - Ruby Andrews - You Can Run, But You Can't Hide / Wonderful Nite/S>
1008 - Freddy & Bobby - Come On Back / Mary's House (is this even on Zodiac Chicago?)
1009 - ?
1010??- Ruby Andrews - The Love I Need / Just Loving You
1011 - Billy Mize ??? Living Her Life In A Song / It Hurts To Know The Feeling???s Gone (is this even on Zodiac Chicago?)
1012??- Ruby Andrews - I Let Him Take Me In His Arms / I Guess That Don't Make Me A Loser
1013 - ?
S>1014 - Chuck Bernard - Bessie Girl / Love Can Slip Away/S>
S>1015 - Ruby Andrews - You Made A Believer Out Of Me / Where Have You Gone/S>
S>1016??- Ruby Andrews - Help Yourself Lover / All The Way/S>
S>1017 - Ruby Andrews - Can You Get Away / Everybody Saw You/S>
1018 - Chuck Bernard - Everything Is Alright Now / The Other Side Of My Mind????????????????????????????????????????
1019??- Chuck Bernard - Deeper Than The Eyes Can See / Turn Her Loose????????????????????????????????????????
S>1020??- Ruby Andrews - You Ole Boo Boo You / Gotta Break Away
1021 - Chuck Bernard - Love Bug / I'm Lonely/S>
S>1022 - Ruby Andrews - Hound Dog / Away From The Crowd/S>
S>1023 - Ruby Andrews - I Want To Be (Whatever It Takes To Please You) / Part 2/S>
S>1024 - Ruby Andrews - Good'n'plenty / My Love Is Coming Down/S>
1025 - Chuck Bernard - Thank You Ma'am / Turn Her Loose??????????????????????????????????????
1026 - ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1027??- ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1028??- ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1029??- ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1030??- ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
1031 - Love Horn - If / Part 2 (I know that this song sucks. I'll give you a $3-4 record for it, tops)
1032 - Ruby Andrews - You Got To Do The Same Thing / Didn't I Fool You
1050 - Chuck Bernard - Got To Get A Hold Of Myself / Everybody's Got Their Own Thing
1051 -?
1052 - Inner Drive - Party Man / Smell The Funk

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Joni Adams "Las Vegas" 45 is a fairly tough one to grab. Used to go on Ebay for over 2 bills

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Joni Adams "Las Vegas" 45 is a fairly tough one to grab. Used to go on Ebay for over 2 bills

different zodiac label.

• is zodiac a baltimore label ? when i went to baltimore a couple years ago there were so many zodiac records there.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    is zodiac a baltimore label ? when i went to baltimore a couple years ago there were so many zodiac records there.

the one luck is asking about is chicago.
    the joni adams one is miami.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    is zodiac a baltimore label ? when i went to baltimore a couple years ago there were so many zodiac records there.

Yup. Are the "Freddy and Bobby" and "Billy Mize" tracks on the Miami label? Because the Mize is Country.

• The Billy Mize is on a completely unrelated label.

Freddy and Bobby are Fred Bridges and Bobby Eaton. Connect the dots.

The true number 1011 is:

Z-1011 Bobby Eaton "Bessie Girl/ Mary???s House"

• chrischris 287 Posts

Is "Freddy and Bobby" on the Miami label?

no, that's on the chicago one.
    "freddy and bobby" were fred knight and bobby eaton of the brothers of soul.

• 1010 - Ruby Andrews - The Love I Need / Just Loving You

I wouldn't mind having one of those my damn self. Just Loving You is a monster northern. Gorgeous Bridges-Knight-Eaton ballad. SCARCE.

• no, that's on the chicago one.
    sorry to hijack but if anyone has any brothers of soul related records, get at me please.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Connect the dots.

Well, it makes perfect sense now. Boy, do I feel silly. Probably listening to Bobby Gentry, or something, and thinking "bobby = female."

Detroit and Chicago Soul Passes revoked.

Any more info re: the "lost" numbers?

• is zodiac a baltimore label ? when i went to baltimore a couple years ago there were so many zodiac records there.

I just spoke with Fred Bridges, and he confirmed that he was indeed the Freddy half of Freddy and Bobby.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

I just spoke with Fred Bridges, and he confirmed that he was indeed the Freddy half of Freddy and Bobby.

Confusingly, the 'Bob & Fred' 45 on Big Mack("I'll Be On My Way") is supposedly NOT this duo from the Bros of Soul.

See also, 'Two Fellows' on Mutt.

---

• chrischris 287 Posts

yes, pardon my typo up there.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    1010 - Ruby Andrews - The Love I Need / Just Loving You

I wouldn't mind having one of those my damn self. Just Loving You is a monster northern. Gorgeous Bridges-Knight-Eaton ballad. SCARCE.

I'm pretty sure I have one the the Ruby Andrews that you don't have on there.
    This title in particular is going to be a tough one though

Confusingly, the 'Bob & Fred' 45 on Big Mack("I'll Be On My Way") is supposedly NOT this duo from the Bros of Soul.

---

Ed McCoy, who ran the Big Mack label, claimed that it was Bobby Eaton and either Fred Bridges or Fred Knight. Being that the Bros of Soul are from Detroit, it doesn't seem implausible, even though Bob and Fred do not sound anything like the Brothers of Soul (there could be many reasons for that.)

However, Fred Bridges did confirm that he does not sing on "I'll Be On My Way". The jury is still out at the moment as to the involvement of Bobby Eaton and Frederick Knight, unless there is any documentation that can be presented to support your claim.

yes, pardon my typo up there.

I'm not trying to bust balls on this, I just didn't know if this was ever confirmed either way, and I was talking to Fred anyway...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

---

Ed McCoy, who ran the Big Mack label, claimed that it was Bobby Eaton and either Fred Bridges or Fred Knight. Being that the Bros of Soul are from Detroit, it doesn't seem implausible, even though Bob and Fred do not sound anything like the Brothers of Soul (there could be many reasons for that.)

However, Fred Bridges did confirm that he does not sing on "I'll Be On My Way". The jury is still out at the moment as to the involvement of Bobby Eaton and Frederick Knight, unless there is any documentation that can be presented to support your claim.

documentation? that's funny. er, no...

I was just passing on a tidbit from the 'oral tradition', likely having a similar source as the one you cite.

the 'two fellows' 45 on Mutt is subcredited to 'Fred & Skeets', I wonder if there is some connection to any of these guys...

best,

btb

---

documentation? that's funny. er, no...

I was just passing on a tidbit from the 'oral tradition', likely having a similar source as the one you cite.

the 'two fellows' 45 on Mutt is subcredited to 'Fred & Skeets', I wonder if there is some connection to any of these guys...

best,

btb

Oh, it's Breck. I didn't realize it was you. I'm curious about that Mutt record, too. I'll look into it. I'm still interested in getting to the bottom of the Mutt label in general. I'll say it publicly, since I questioned your authority: Breck is the man when it comes to Detroit.