Merry Christmas Everyone

The big day is almost upon us once again,so enjoy and be safe.
billbradleyDORDuderonomyJimsterElectrodemississippiwaxman

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Merry Christmas to you and yours everyone.

I wasn't too much into the holiday spirit. But the other night (Along side my wife and her family) hit up a Boney M concert and hung out with the band until early in the morning and with some of their xmas classics stuck freshly in the brain I'm full of the holiday spirit.

Feliz Navidad

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Felix navididadidad. Joyus Noel. Felicitous Nadal. Happy festivus.

I raise a glass of Bowmore 12yr to all your health!

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    A Malcolm X-mas to all of you.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Been a tough week, our team all got the axe at work, out of the blue, after planning furiously for Q1 2020... Ho ho ho.... Life of a contractor etc. 

And yet... What am I, the fricken Grinch?  I'm in a good place to pick something up in January so I'll enjoy the time off and get amongst the gaming with my sons. Duder's "Klaus" movie recommendation has slowly got the party started.  Also, them shit movies on Christmas24 channel or whatever where a dumped teacher encounters an off-duty foreign prince in a coffee shop etc.  

Merry Strutmas, Christmas!!!!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Merry Xmas!  Somehow I think I've got all my gifts lined up in time...

I had to look after the kids solo for two weeks while my wife went on a trip earlier this month - I only made it through by watching the first 6 Harry Potter's with them; so we're finishing those off over the holidays, and also have Gremlins and Home Alone lined up.  Kids already saw Klaus a couple of weeks ago too, so haven't had a chance to see it.  Maybe next year.

Sorry to hear about the layoffs, Jimster.  Enjoy the break!

Yeah, no worries Ketan.  I am trusting the universe to deliver.  What could go wrong? 

Duderonomy

• I like Malcolm X-mas! I've had a hell of a December with working at home for the first time and realizing I basically am incapable of working at home, the apartment falling apart and getting fixed at the same time, etc. We had no plans at all for Christmas other than to not work, and I was thinking that being alone as a couple for the whole week wouldn't have the intended relaxing effect and just depress us both.

Then yesterday some friends invited us to dinner and a night over to help out as they had had an early labor scare and a small kid to look after if they had to dash to the hospital - it felt good to help put their minds at ease and visit, even though thankfully no emergency happened.

And tomorrow our roast dinner alone has turned into a respectable six people, several of whom we don't know well. But when you're an immigrant you take who you can get and make all welcome.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Merry Christmas Soul Strut fam! 2019 was good but I think 2020 will be even better.

Sorry to hear about the jobby job @Jimster. Sometimes these things happen for a reason and it works out in the end.
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Yeah, just to echo previous sentiments Jimster, crap timing but maybe it’ll be an opportunity that comes up golden.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

All the best to the Strut collective and a happy 2020 as well. I did the family thing on Sunday; huge breakfast with my mother and brother and his wife. It felt odd that this was the first Christmas without my Dad who passed in January. Anyhow, I didn't do anything today except listen to records and make batches of chili. Jim, you seem like a got-it-together kind of guy, so I'm sure something will come your way. It usually does.
    Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beatsketanJimster

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

I spent most of yesterday walk around Austin giving out beers to the Homeless with this guy. 

Merry Christmas strut!

- Spidey
    Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beatsketanJimsterElectrodeMek_Jagger

this little one is vantablack status and was our gift to ourselves

SPlDEY said:

I spent most of yesterday walk around Austin giving out beers to the Homeless with this guy. 

Merry Christmas strut!

- Spidey

That's real decent of you, Spidey!

Thanks for the good vibes, Strut.  Sorry to hear about your pops Electrode.  If I am ever back in the US I'll cop summdat chili.

Or bum some beer offa Spidey 

Spidey that is indeed decent.  Austin homeless look better than Nottingham homeless.