production related

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I've noticed a spike in production related posts lately and even though it's a tad , I'm still sayin' . While some of the shameless self promoting gets tired , I'm all when it comes to the tech talk. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the beat posts, just not all spammy style. There seems to be a lack of a good forum for this stuff. Most places I found are hella or they don't get sample based production and/or hip-hop. Since soulstrut has a certain level of sophistication (couldn't think of a better word) nah, fuckit, I just vibe better with you folls, I relate to the topics better. Anyway, what do you think. Is it cool? Maybe it's too OT and distracts from records, however this place is about crate digging AND hip-hop culture so I think it fits.

Comments

• I've noticed a spike in production related posts lately and even though it's a tad , I'm still sayin' . While some of the shameless self promoting gets tired , I'm allwhen it comes to the tech talk. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the beat posts, just not all spammy style.

There seems to be a lack of a good forum for this stuff. Most places I found are hella or they don't get sample based production and/or hip-hop. Since soulstrut has a certain level of sophistication (couldn't think of a better word) nah, fuckit, I just vibe better with you folls, I relate to the topics better.

Anyway, what do you think. Is it cool? Maybe it's too OT and distracts from records, however this place is about crate digging AND hip-hop culture so I think it fits.

Aaaah... much better.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    this place has always had production posts. Since the very start of the site. Nothing new about that.

Theres quite an influx of scrub "producers" these days though.

....myself included.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    this place has always had production posts. Since the very start of the site. Nothing new about that.

....myself included.

boing!

yeah, i dont consider myself a "producer" cuz i make a couple of beats. i will take producer credits when i actually produce an album from start to finish, of somebody's music other than mine. like a band, who already has some songs, and then i "produce" them. the way they used to.

besides, i am more of an engineer who happens to make some slaps every now and then.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

....myself included.

Heck. I came on this site in 2001 posting about beatz, and haught drummz to sample. Soulstrut was alllllll about breaks, beats, brats and slots from the get go.

Holy shit. I've been here for 4 years.
    Brendan, so have you.

PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs for the door*

my email is dave at sketcherone.com

please to email me if you need to contact. no more PMs.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    There's a Ghoast in my db ^^^^