Science Covers & Chemistry (Cut Chemist instructional record)...INPUT GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I'm teaching 8th grade chemistry next year and want to decorate the room with record covers so I'm hoping you fellow diggers can help with with two things:

1)  Science-inspired records covers you dig/know of (doesn't have to be chemistry...anything earth, life or physical science)

2)  What that record Cut Chemist used with all that cool chemistry instruction commentary...

ketan

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    Image result for big cheese records

• rcwinklyrcwinkly 102 Posts
    Thanks for these man!  I definitely have some more shopping to do...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts

Main Source breaking atoms?

Probably at least one Scientist dub LP with a science themed cover.

OMG...sometimes the most obvious ones are overlooked.  I have this propped in my record shelf at home and didn't even think about it =(

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts
    Jimster said:

That's one I haven't seen for a long time. A friend from Brighton introduced me to a Big Cheese All Stars CD 20+ years ago. 

• obvious choice but I don't think anybody mentioned it?!

Jimster said:

That's one I haven't seen for a long time. A friend from Brighton introduced me to a Big Cheese All Stars CD 20+ years ago. 

I have the vinyl, somewhere.  Was hoping to find a better image.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Obvio

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

less obvio

- damo

• ppadilhappadilha 2,231 Posts

Johann Dalgas Frisch was a German ornithologist who lived in Brazil and put out a whole bunch of bird song LPs, the other records have nice photos/illustrations of birds:
    https://www.discogs.com/artist/1130224-Johan-Dalgas-Frisch
    rcwinkly

• Damn that sounds cool as hell ppadilha! Yout' rabbithole here I come.

Oh wow...that’s super interesting, especially since he put out more than one!  Thanks for the heads up...hope I can confer one up without paying a grip of shipping from Brazil.

yeah, his records are always cheap, or at least should be since he apparently had a few big hits and nobody is looking for them now. I picked up a whole bunch of them at once from a thrift shop for almost nothing. Unfortunately the post office rates are a rip-off here, so you'd probably end up paying 10x the price of the record just for shipping. Maybe you can get lucky and find some that made it out of Brazil already

ECHOES FROM THE GREEN INFERNO sounds more like a Werner Herzog memoir than a field recording LP