David Ruffin appreciation

2»

Comments

• I like David Ruffin.

One of my favorite openers from one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums...

I hit a beat and swing a note as if my name was David Ruffin

i just played this song and thought of this thread. I see someone else is on my level.

• Shockingly good David Ruffin cover version: "I've Got To Find" by Monguito Santamaria on Fania, from his album Black Out. When Ruffin himself
    recorded it, it was titled "I've Got To Find Myself A Brand New Baby" and was the flip of "My Whole World Ended," as well as appearing on the album of the same title.

• One of the great voices of soul and powerful too,David was the man he could shout em out-I Could Never Love  Another,or he could just croon-My Girl...one word describes Ruffin-LEGEND!

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    "Y'all don't know nothing _about_ me and women; y'alls is mamma's boys... Excuse me..."

GJ

• Would the Temps have been the success they were without Ruffin? who would've sung[My Girl-I't's Growing-Ain't Too Proud To Beg]yes Paul was great,but David had the sound that fit those songs.

• Most folks may not know that David Ruffin was the one responsible for the Temptations-four mikes on one stand,which set them apart from all other groups at the time.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Yeah, one of the greatest voices.  This used to be a daily ritual bitd, off his 2nd album.

I'd love to find live footage of this...

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

• I want to find the whole performance of this.

ketan

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    i just had to make a new youtube playlist because of that last clip, thank you.