How Do You Store Your 45's?

For those of you with large 45's collections,is there  a special place for them or do you just stack them somewhere? as for me I just keep em staked neatly  on a shelf.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    3 wooden boxes with my 10 inches  

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    like pancakes.  several plate's worth.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    in a bunch of wooden clementine boxes :-/

• Bookshelf. 12s on the bottom (where they belong), 45s at picking height cause I have many more.

• This isn't the exact model, but in tapered canvas tote boxes like this. They make for excellent flipping. 

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Also, if you're on a budget bottled beer 12 pack boxes fit 45s pretty nicely.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I have a bunch of these filled:

and some of these too:

• You all are making me jealous, it's a pain in the ass to flip/file 45s packed tight in a bookcase... There are a million variations on the cardboard/plastic/wooden handmade 45 box on ebay etc.

Who's tried a few different types of these and can krusty endorse the best? Assuming a smallish collection, like, I wouldn't need to buy 50x 200-boxes so wooden etc. are an option.

Or is it best on a bookcase to have a bunch of face-facing, flippable shallow boxes rather than long spine-facing joints?

• You all are making me jealous, it's a pain in the ass to flip/file 45s packed tight in a bookcase... There are a million variations on the cardboard/plastic/wooden handmade 45 box on ebay etc.

Who's tried a few different types of these and can krusty endorse the best? Assuming a smallish collection, like, I wouldn't need to buy 50x 200-boxes so wooden etc. are an option.

Or is it best on a bookcase to have a bunch of face-facing, flippable shallow boxes rather than long spine-facing joints?

8 of my expedit cubes contain one of those tote boxes I posted above, face-facing, and at a comfortable standing height. 

klezmer electro-thug beats

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts

i like these, sturdy & easy to flip through.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    Years ago Ikea had the Sprutt Cabinet that was perfect for 45s. It is no longer available though.
    Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beats

• Scuba SteveScuba Steve @steveislikewoah 40 Posts
    You all are making me jealous, it's a pain in the ass to flip/file 45s packed tight in a bookcase... There are a million variations on the cardboard/plastic/wooden handmade 45 box on ebay etc.

8 of my expedit cubes contain one of those tote boxes I posted above, face-facing, and at a comfortable standing height. 

I have 4 expedit cubes with 3 of the boxes BillBradley posted above:

https://www.sleevecityusa.com/45-rpm-Record-Boxes-p/3str7nbox.htm

And 3 of these: 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10292357/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGieiy6TU3kMLu_tWB22KR60u2UgCU5YUHFposgNIPzjgKestvfWsQSoaAgdyEALw_wcB

These are shorter than the boxes, so you can turn them sideways and put two in a cube if you want. They are easier to flip through due to the shorter sides/length/weight.  The downside is they fit less 45s in each, and you can't stack them when full.  

• Scuba SteveScuba Steve @steveislikewoah 40 Posts

Also from Ikea?  Or are they a pretty universal size?

• 8 of my expedit cubes contain one of those tote boxes I posted above, face-facing, and at a comfortable standing height. 

Also from Ikea?  Or are they a pretty universal size?

They were from Bed Bath and Beyond and I don't think they carry them anymore. They are not a universal size, but any you can find with a base width greater than 7" should work. 

Scuba Steve

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I found this in a thrift store a few years ago, perfect size for 45's and made of steel so it will outlive me.

billbradleyRAJ

• a few years ago i found some "wipes" (dad mode in effect) boxes fit perfectly if yall can find Pampers wipe refills 320count boxes they fit 45's perfectly and have nice handles too, no joke, lol

i reversed the boxes and used some packing tape and boom-pow! done like dinner, seems low-class but if you paint or decorate those boxes to your liking a box is a box and a solution is a solution, lol

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    asstro said:
    I found this in a thrift store a few years ago, perfect size for 45's and made of steel so it will outlive me.

Nice! I've been accumulating CDs like crazy lately and was looking to go this route.

Maybe more like this:

Givemesoul