Thundercat - DRANK

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Yo, I'mma go out and say these Chopped and Screwed remixes of Thundercat's Drunk album is far superior to the original album. No denying Thundercat is one of the illest session musicians in the LA scene. His solo work just wasn't doing it for me. Even though, I do think he has a unique voice, and sound. When I found this Drank mixtape. WOO shiet!! This just proves my theory. Slower is better. Heavy Rotation Y'all. 

- Eggo's
ketan

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    I like Thundercats's chops.
    My biggest issue and what stops me from repeat listens of his work are his lyrics.
    They feel like an afterthought to a lot of his songs. 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    He has chops but nothing he's done has ever gotten a rewind from me.  I play bass but it seems a lot of cats want to solo like a sax player and I don't.  Grooving is whete it's at for me.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Ah I've been meaning to check the chopped and screwed version for a while now. Thanks for the reminder.

I thought Drank was ok, decent in parts, and liked the Loggins, McDonald cut for it's lack of ironic winkiness. I've slowly accepted though that I tend to like the idea of Thundercat more than the actual output.

• CRABFUNKCRABFUNK 33 Posts
    Half the genius of Thundercat is in the concise, pithy arrangements, tempos, etc. Also, his harmonic/chord game is ridiculous. The latest album has some spacey stuff that is kinda repetitive and listless but the hot tracks smoke: