Clout Culture Raps

What is the Soul Strut assessment of Clout Culture Rapperz?

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    -Lil Xan
    -Lil Skies
    -Lil Pump

?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Can't speak on "Clout Culture Raps". But I just watched a couple of rap videos with beats over 90BPM that were decent. Hoping this is a trend...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

billbradley

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,777 Posts
    Please give a definition that an old man rap head will understand.

clout?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,093 Posts
    I've avoided listening to it tbh. Caught some tunes here and there but yeah, haven't figured out if any of them are any good at rapping.

Is being light skint a part of the culture?

Some of the beats go off.

Please give a definition that an old man rap head will understand.

clout?

I honestly don't know.

But 69 seems like a troll.  I feel like he's trying to amass clicks rather than fans, and get sales that way.  He doesn't seem to be that interested in hip hop.  Just rapping to get clout?  idk

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    isn't lil xan just soundcloud rap in a fancy video?

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    understand the aesthetic but can't take the guys seriously.
    as mentioned, some of the beats are hot.

NateBizzo said:
    What is the Soul Strut assessment of Clout Culture Rapperz?

I have yet to hear what this guy’s music is like. Who is he? “Gay Baby”? “Get cake eat yours”?

He looks like a total wrister, but maybe I’m just old and disconnected. I’ll try and listen without prejudice, but it will be difficult...

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    Duderonomy said: wrister

that's a keeper.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    That dude "Lil Peep" is actually dead. Xanex OD. He's like the Tupac of clout rappers. 
    RAJ

Is clout directly proportionate to the number of bizarre tats one has?

lil peep seemed to be doing something with his music, but the more i check out lil xan the more i regret it. i really can't find anything redeemable besides the beats. even how he looks makes it hard for me, i don't want to like him.

lil peep is emo rap. kids eat up that stuff and i don't mind. 

Just realised it says “get cake die young”. I’ll be having words with my local patisserie about this.
    EIGHTY

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,883 Posts
    Just realised it says “get cake die young”.

Here's hoping.

billbradley

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts
    RAJ said:

Yes, I'm at the point where I'm officially feeling old and disconnected now. Maybe we need some Youtube links up in here.

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Haha I totally feel old. I just got to know who Lil Peep is then he died!
    Seems like a bunch of 20-year-old dudes all high on mdma and mumble rapping to trap beats. 
    Has zero appeal to me. Its the sound of 2018 so far though. 
    Waiting to see what's next...

bill wants the emo rap videos?
    here you go:

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,884 Posts
    Thanks. I can see the appeal but it doesn't do anything for me. I'm old and jaded though.

Are face tattoos a requirement? Good for them getting hundreds of millions of youtube views though.

Old man reviews:

Lil Pump “gucci gang” - brave of this dude to film an extended shot of him walking the halls of a school next to a tiger, which actually walks with swagger and menace, but only exaggerates what a fucking cream puff he is. Raps: I fart better in the bathtub. Beats: nothing different from the identikit trap sound of now.
    4 out of 10

Lil Xan “past bedtime” - boring as fuck, wouldn’t leave this kid alone in the house without a babysitter, WTF is he doing in a music video? Projects ZERO enthusiasm for whatever existential problems a kid who hasn’t gone through puberty yet might have, but he has at least left me wondering who is audience is. Is the beat the same as the last one but with a floaty intro?
    2 out of 10

Lil Skies “nowadays” - floaty haired dude seems to have time-travelled a young Steve Akoi onto the video shoot to lip-synch a gay as fuck chorus, so props for that at least. How old are these little shits? WTF are they doing out of school making rap videos when they can barely string coherent sentences together?
    4 out of 10

The highest compliment I can pay all 3 is having the self awareness to dub themselves “Lil”. They’ve got careers and stuff, maybe when they grow up there will be some artistic development. Or maybe I’m just old for thinking that matters.

(I guess I should add that this is all slightly tongue-in-cheek. Slightly)

Fuck I’m glad music was better when I was young. This shit sucks ass.
    johnblack

I just watched a 6ix9ine video, damn that shit is dumb. 

Its the sound of 2018 so far though. 

Not the sound of 2018, really?  Like, saleswise?  Cause there's lots of other great stuff coming out in 2018 made by/for young people.

The sound of 2018 in terms of every other dude is trying to sound like this.Mumble rap, Trap Atlanta beats, etc
    I don't doubt that there is a myriad of other stuff out there, however, judging by sales and what I hear on the radio, see on sneaker and fashion ads. It seems to me that this style is definitely having its 15 minutes of fame.
    Please to post what else you think is popping off for the young people. I'm genuinely interested in hearing examples. 

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    kicks79Duderonomybillbradley

kicks79 said:
    Please to post what else you think is popping off for the young people. I'm genuinely interested in hearing examples. 

Hard to know from where I sit, but these are big songs by younger/newer artists

This skews too old for teens, I'm guessing (??) but I can't figure out how to find the "current rap/rap i'm feeling" thread, so I'll just put this here: )

Oh okay, I find it hard stylistically to really distinguish that list of videos from the so-called "clout rap" examples originally posted.
    Especially Cardi B, her rapping leaves a lot to be desired. 
    I thought you where maybe talking about some other genres of music.

You sound old! 
    kicks79

• Is 6ix9ine - Gummo part of this scene?  The video looks like a parody.

lil xan and a few others might be nothing else than meme-rap, but i don't care as long as internet provides me with stuff like this:

Duderonomybillbradley